Total views : 227
Cooperative Processing of Measurements in Pseudorange Radio-technical Finding System
Background/Objectives: The relevance of the current research is determined by the intensive development of multilateration systems which are widely used in time-positioning support systems. The authors propose to use the cooperative processing of coordinate information. Methods: In the present article a procedure of obtaining the ranging position lines with regard to each station is studied using a theory of redundant measurements which enables to implement cooperative processing. It is shown that using the least squares method, one can obtain the estimation of the required range-measurement parameters containing a minimum value of mean-square error. Findings: In our opinion, the new results of the study show that a multilateration system with one query station which forms a range line of position and with cooperative processing of Time Difference Of Arrival (TDOA) and Time Of Arrival (TOA), in some cases it is characterized by the improved accuracy compared to hyperbolic and elliptic systems. Measurement processing method studied in the present article enables to expand a system work area with respect to the accuracy for multilateration systems with short length base (distances between receiver stations). The offered procedures of radar data processing allow for a formation of range position lines that are indirectly obtained based on hyperbolic and elliptic lines of position. Cooperative processing of measurements in TOA and TDOA finding systems enables to improve the accuracy of the indirect range measurement. TDOA and TOA measurements do not improve the accuracy of the indirect range estimation with the offered method of measurement processing since the accuracy remains constant regardless of the number of stations. Application/ Improvements: The study results obtained could be used to upgrade the existing systems of aircraft position estimation and to make reasonable technical demands on the systems under development.
Cooperative Processing, Geometric Dilution of Precision (GDOP), Range, Range–Difference, Total Range.
- Mantilla-Gaviria IA. New strategies to improve multilateration systems in the air traffic control. Universidad Politécnica de Valencia; 2013.
- Multilateration (MLAT) concept of use. Edition 1.0. ICAO [Internet]. [cited 2016 Sep 19]. 2007. Available from: http:// www.icao.int/RO_APAC/Documents/edocs/cns/mlat_ concept.pdf.
- Wei P, Fang Z, Lijie J, Shengji D. A target dynamic model based on TDOA form for multilateration (MLAT) system.IEEE International Conference on Communication Problem-Solving (ICCP); 2015. p. 569–71. DOI: 10.1109/ ICCPS.2015.7454232.
- Honda J, Kakubari Y, Koga T. DOP simulation considering LOS/NLOS for aircraft positioning on airport surface. IEEE 5th Asia-Pacific Conference on Synthetic aperture radar (APSAR); 2015. p. 773–6. DOI: 10.1109/ APSAR.2015.7306319.
- Webster T, Higgins T. Detection aided multistatic velocity backprojection for passive radar. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP); 2015. p. 5580–4. DOI: 10.1109/ ICASSP.2015.7179039.
- Xu Z, He D, Tang Y, Li J. A MLAT algorithm based on target pressure altitude. IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA); 2015. p. 1800–4.DOI: 10.1109/ICMA.2015.7237759.
- Leonardi M, Mathias A, Galati G. Closed form localization algorithms for mode S wide area multilateration. IEEE European Radar conference EuRAD; 2009. p. 73–6.
- Gómez-Pérez EJ, Mantilla-Gaviria IA, Ruiz-Mojica RF, Balbastre-Tejedor JV. Tracking time domain to compensate temporary performance degradations of receiver stations in multilateration systems. IET international conference on Radar systems (Radar 2012); 2012. p. 1–6. DOI: 10.1049/ cp.2012.1696.
- Ruiz-Mojica RF, Mantilla-Gaviria IA, Gómez-Pérez EJ, Balbastre-Tejedor JV, De Los Reyes-Davó. A genetic algorithm and local search for the automated calculation of dilution of precision of mode-S multilateration systems at airports. Tyrrhenian international workshop on Digital communications-enhanced surveillance of aircraft and vehicles (TIWDC/ESAV); 2011. p. 259–63.
- Galati G, Leonardi M, Tosti M. Multilateration (local and wide area) as a distributed sensor system: Lower bounds of accuracy. European Radar Conference EuRAD; 2008. p.196–9.
- Yang B, Li J, Zhou Y. The target location study of multistatic radar base on non-cooperative emitter illuminating. IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation.2008, 1433-1436. DOI: 10.1109/ICINFA.2008.4608227.
- Meng Y, Xu J, Huang Y, He J. Key factors of multi-station TDOA passive location study. IEEE 7th International Conference on Intelligent Human-machine Systems and Cybernetics (IHMSC). 2015; 2:220–3. DOI: 10.1109/ IHMSC.2015.190.
- Chernyak VS. Fundamentals of multisite radar systems: Multistatic radars and multistatic radar systems. CRC Press; 1998.
- Mashkov GM, Borisov EG, Vladyko AG. Analysis of object positioning accuracy provided by range-finding systems of various types. Russian Aeronautics. 2015; 58(4):401–6.DOI: 10.3103/S1068799815040078.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.