Total views : 221
Financial Decision-making by the Population: Process Modeling and Trends
Background: The present study focuses on the nature of the population’s financial decisions carried out under the personal financial planning process by people. Method: The methodological basis of the study is constituted by such methods of scientific research as statistical monitoring and comparative analysis, synthesis and forecasting. The authors have presented a model of consumer choice. Findings: The authors have analyzed the financial public decisions made in the context of economic instability; personal finance structure and consumer sentiment level dynamics have been covered; Russian citizens’ income differentiation trends have been shown. The main results of the study provide insights into the tendencies in the economic behavior of citizens that can be characteristic of the population of any state at times of macroeconomic parameters volatility. In particular, the authors identified comparative structure of the attracted credit resources and the citizens’ savings accumulated in commercial banks; it shows the ratio of savings and the amount of mandatory expenditures of the population; the Russians’ consumer sentiment index dynamics has been traced; the population has been arranged by quintile groups on the basis of the existent income differentiation trends in the Russian society. Key findings of the study are identification of very weak signs of the population’s adaptation to the economic and the geopolitical situation volatility, which is reflected in the discernible consumption bursts. Improvements: The authors have proved that the motivation for the population’s financial decisions and the socio-economic stratification in Russia are crucially influenced by such factors as the loss of a source of income (job) and the devaluation shocks.
Consumer Sentiment, Expenses, Financial Decisions, Income, Inflation, Poverty, Social and Economic Stratification.
- Rasumovskaya EA. Indicative nature of the Russian financial policy and assessment of its impact on the effectiveness of social and economic changes in society. Financial Business.2013; 2(163):55–62.
- Rasumovskaya EA, Vakhrushev AK, Rasumovskiy DYu.Personal financial planning: theory and process modeling.Saarbrucken, Deutschland: Palmarium Academic Publishing; 2016. p. 160–3.
- Official website of the Ministry of Finance of the RF, information and analytical department [Internet]. 2016.Available from: http://info.minfin.ru/gdp.php.
- Medvedev DA. Socio-economic development of Russia: The acquisition of a new dynamics. Issues of Economics.2015; 10:5–30.
- Vakhrushev AK, Istomina YuV, Rasumovskaya EA, Rasumovskiy DYu. Features of financial solutions of population in the conditions of macroeconomic instability.Bulletin of Samara State University of Economics. 2016; 3(137):67–74.
- Yasin EG. Scenarios for Russia on long-term outlook. A new impulse in two decades. Report for XIII International Scientific Conference on Problems of Development of Economy and Society. Moscow: GU HSE; 2012.
- Surinov AE. Russian yearbook of statistics. Moscow: Rosstat; 2015.
- Kuzminov YaI, Ovcharova LN, Yakobson LI. Research of National Research University Higher School of Economics[Internet]. Available from: https://www.hse.ru/science/ news/170689489.html
- The RF Government Executive Order No. 1618-r dated 25.08.2014 On approval of the State Family Policy Concept of the Russian Federation for the period till 2025.
- Ulyukaev AV, Mau VA. From the economic crisis to the economic growth or How to prevent a crisis turn into stagnation.Issues of Economics. 2015; 4:5–22.
- Investment research Russia: Consumer sector. [Internet].2016. Available from: http://www.sberbank.ru/ru/press_ center/all/cib/article?newsID=11025526-1-1&blockID=11 008141®ionID=77&lang=ruof.
- Speech of RF President Putin V.V. Budget deficit should not exceed 3% of GDP. [Internet]. Available from: http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=2667028.
- Sovereign Credit Rating of Russia. [Internet]. 2016.Available from: http://global-finances.ru/suverennyiekreditnyiereytingi-rossii/.
- Polischuk LI. Corporate social responsibility or state regulation: Analysis of institutional choice. Issues of Economics.2009; 10: 4–22. [in Russian]
- Hamilton KL. Investment, retirement and estate planning.Pennsylvania: American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters; 2012.
- Grigoriev L. Bulletin of the socio-economic crisis.Analytical Center under the RF Government. [Internet].2015. Available from: http://ac.gov.ru/publications.
- Tversky А, Kahneman D. Rational choice and the framing of decisions. Journal of Business. 1986; 59(2):251–78.
- Sonin KI. Lessons of Economics. Moscow: United Press LLC; 2011.
- Belozerov SA. Private household finances: essence and structure. St. Petersburg: Mir; 2005.
- Rasumovskaya EA. Indicators of financial policy in Russia and their impact on the effectiveness of socio-economic changes in society. Journal of US – China Public Administration. 2012; 9(9):(Serial Number 83), 1076–83.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.