Total views : 202
A Novel Approach of Collaborative KBQA System using Ontology
The objective of the research is to provide relevant answers for the questions posted by the learners using Collaborative Knowledge Based Question Answering System (CKBQA) of Knowledge Extraction which provide the most suitable answers by sharing the ideas of various learners, when the user needs information. In the modern era numerous information available in the World Wide Web which is too difficult to get the required information. CKBQA system aims at retrieving precise information from a large collection of documents. It provides the most relevant answers rather than the irrelevant information by applying Latent Semantic Analysis. In collaborative learning the users benefit when the learner exposed to diverse viewpoints from the other learners with varied backgrounds and provides the best interactive teaching learning method where the interaction taken place between the learners and also the learners with the exports. The CKBQA system consists of four phases such as Question Preprocessing, Answer Evaluation, Concept Mapping of question with their answer and voting. Ontology plays the vital role for checking the semantic nature of the question and the answer. Sample of 100 questions with their Answers were taken and tested for their various question types and also checked with resoner which gave 89% of correctness.
Collaborative Learning, Concept Mapping, Knowledge based Question Answering System, Latent Semantic Analysis, Ontology and Voting.
- Khune RR. Mapping of semantic web ontology in user query system. International Journal of Computer Applications.2015 Feb; 111(14).
- Kumar GS, Zayaraj G. Concept relation extraction using Naı¨ve Bayes classifier for ontology-based question answering systems. Journal of King Saud University – Computer and Information Sciences. 2014:13–24.
- Pundge AM, Khillare SA, Mahender CN. Question answering system, approaches and techniques: A review.International Journal of Computer Applications. 2016 May; 141(3).
- Arai K, Handayani AN. Question answering system for an effective collaborative learning. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications. 2012; 3(1).
- Mitnik R, Recabarren M, Nussbaum M, Soto A.Collaborative robotic instruction: A graph teaching experience.Computers and Education. 2009; 53(2):330–42.
- Chiu MM. Effects of argumentation on group microcreativity.Contemporary Educational Psychology. 2008; 33:383–402.
- Chiu MM. Flowing toward correct contributions during groups’ mathematics problem solving: A statistical discourse analysis. Journal of the Learning Sciences. 2008; 17(3):415–63.
- Mervin R, Jaya A. A novel approach to mapping for KBQA system using ontology. Proceedings of Fourth International Conference on ‘Emerging Research in Computing, Information, Communication and Applications’ (ERCICA-2016); 2016. p. 9.
- Wang C-C, Hung JC, Yang C-Y, Shih TK. An application of question answering system for collaborative learning. 26th IEEE International Conference in Distributed Computing Systems Workshops, ICDCS Workshops; 2006 Jul 04–07. p.49.
- Hu H. A study on question answering system using integrated retrieval method. PhD. Thesis submitted to Graduate School of Engineering at the University of Tokushima; 2006 Feb.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.