Total views : 114
A Novel Approach to Acquire GPS Signal in the Presence of CWI using DWT
Objectives: Radio frequency interference is major setback for précis estimation of position using GPS receivers in the real time environment. An approach to handle such situations is the implementation of receiver using cutting edge signal processing technologies. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A strong signal from other communication channels and narrow band pulse signal are the major components of interference for GPS signals. Acquisition is primary and important signal processing step in GPS receiver. The performance of a GPS receiver depends on the acquisition process in the presence of interference. In this paper an acquisition method using the Discrete Wavelet Transform is proposed to mitigate the interference and to measure the acquisition parameters. Findings: Conventional GPS receiver uses the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) to perform convolution in the acquisition process. This method is unable to acquire the GPS signal in the presence of interference. The Discrete Wavelet Transform decomposition and appropriate thresholding method for the convolution in the acquisition process permit the algorithm to demonstrate the successful mitigation of Continuous Wave Interference (CWI). Performance of the conventional and proposed acquisition algorithms are compared based on statistical parameter correlation ratio and maximum peak measured. Results show that the proposed algorithm DWT based acquisition performed well than the conventional method of acquisition.
Acquisition, CWI, DWT, GPS, Thresholding.
- Kaplan ED. Understanding GPS: Principles and applications.Artech House, Boston; 1996.
- Borre K, Akos DM, Bertelsen N, Rinder P, Jensen SH. A software Defined GPS and Galileo receiver- A single frequency approach. Birkhauser, Boston; 2006.
- Tsui JB-Y. Fundamentals of global positioning system receivers -A software approach. New York, John Wiley & Sons Inc; 2005.
- Rao GS. Global navigation satellite system, McGraw-Hill Education, New Delhi; 2010.
- Borio D. GNSS acquisition in the presence of continuous wave interference. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems. 2010; 46(1):47–60.
- Djebouri D, Djebbari A, Djebbouri M, Robust GPS satellite signal acquisition using Lifting Wavelet Transform, Radioengineering 2006, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 47-52.
- Ahamed SF, Rao GS, Ganesh L. Robust GPS signal acquisition technique using Discrete Wavelet Transform. Procedia Computer Science. 2016 Jun; 85:683–90.
- Donoho DL. De-noising by soft-thresholding. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. 1995 May; 41:613–27.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.