Total views : 153
Power Quality Conditioning of PV-Wind Microgrid to Provide Harmonic Reactive Power Compensation using Series APF
Objectives: In this analysis, PV-Wind Microgrid with real time environmental conditions is compensated for harmonics and reactive power. Methods/Analysis: Microgrids suffer from many power quality problems which require harmonic and reactive power compensation being connected with different sources and loads. In this regard, initially a microgrid has been developed using the data from the weather monitoring system in BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus. Later compensation requirement has been identified and Series APF with its unique control is applied to provide power quality enhancement. Findings: The microgrid suitable for all practical conditions is developed to give an equivalent output of conventional 3 phase distribution system and the variations in the power flows causing power quality issues are observed when connected to dynamically varying reactive loads. By using Series APF in microgrid, these issues like voltage swells and sags are mitigated and thus the reactive power compensation is provided. The % THD of voltage harmonics in the microgrid is effectively improved using the novel control technique that has been implemented. Novelty/Improvement: Power quality improvement in microgrids using active power filter topology specifically in islanded mode, Identity Vector Template Generation Approach specifically towards harmonic compensation.
Distributed Generation, Harmonic Compensation, Microgrid, Reactive Power Compensation, Series APF.
- Hingorani NG. Introducing custom power. IEEE.1995; 32(6):41-8.
- Hingorani NG. High power electronics and flexible AC transmission system. IEEE Power Engineering Review.1988 July; 8(7):3-4.
- Mythri Kodali, Manasa, Srikanth KS. Power management strategy for hybrid microgrid system under islanded condition using adaptive droop control. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul.
- Ravi, Mohanasundaram. Comparison of PV supported DVR and DSTATCOM with multiple feeders in stand alone WECS by mitigating power quality problems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul.
- Madhu Ginga, Mittal Pardeep. Analytical review on MLI based active power filter to reduce harmonics for improvement in power quality. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Aug.
- Preethis Pauline Mary, Siva Chindambaranathan. Enhancement of active power filter operational performance using SRF theory for renewable source. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep.
- Pavan Kumar AV, Parimi AM and Uma Rao K. Performance analysis of a two-diode model of pv cell for pv based generation in matlab. ICACCCT, India. 2014; 68–72.
- Kumar AVP, Parimi AM and Rao KU. Implementation of mppt control using fuzzy logic in solar-wind hybrid power system. SPICES, India. 2015; p. 1–5.
- Gayatri MTL and Parimi AM. Mitigation of supply & load side disturbances in an AC microgrid using UPQC. ICPS, India. 2016; p. 1-6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.