Total views : 218
Harmonic Analysis of PSO Tuned PI Controller Gains for Multilevel Inverter Base P and O MPPT Photovoltaic System
Objectives: The problem of instability in utilization of energy from PV system and harmonics injection due that is concerned here. The Analyzing of PV system and implementing with suitable techniques to attain permissible THD value is main objective of the work. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this work for tracking maximum power perturb & observer method is employed. This PV system is integrated using Diode Clamped Multilevel Inverter (DCMLI), for this DCMLI APOD modulation technique is developed. PSA and PSO optimization methods are adopted for PI controller tuning which acts as voltage controller for DCMLI. As PSA is basic and local best optimization technique and PSO for its global best characteristics these methods are opted. Findings: The proposed closed loop system gives better control over open loop system. Tuning of the PI controller plays a crucial role in this closed loop system. In the applied heuristics tuning methods Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) gives best THD control than Pattern Search Algorithm (PSA). The proposed techniques using PSO optimization is well suitable for PV system as the THD obtained by this is within standard acceptable limits. Actual existing systems like PV system with optimizations employed for MPPT’s or PV system with different multilevel topologies involves more complexity and less output quality than the proposed system. An integrated system is developed i.e. PV with suitable MPPT and multilevel inverter with advanced multilevel modulation tuned with heuristic optimization methods are proposed together for a standalone and also for grid application. Here the proposed system in the area of PV using optimization technique employed for multilevel inverter along with the multilevel modulation technique employed for the DCMLI plays an important role. Application/Improvements: The proposed system is developed based on voltage controller of multilevel inverter it can also be developed along with current controller system. The main objective of this work is to harmonic analysis a PV system with a multilevel inverter in standalone and grid connected mode using PSO and PSA optimization techniques.
Diode Clamped Multilevel Inverter, Harmonic Analysis, MPPT Technique, Optimization Techniques, PV Array, Tuning of PI Controller.
- Rawat R, Kaushik SC, Lamba R. A review on modeling, design methodology and size optimization of photovoltaic based water pumping, standalone and grid connected system.Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 57, pp.1506–1519, 2016.
- Spagnuolo G, Jatskevich J, Member S. Efficient approaches for modeling and simulating photovoltaic power systems.2013; 3(1):500–8.
- Esram T, Chapman P-L. Comparison of photovoltaic array maximum power point tracking techniques. 2007; 22(2):439–49.
- Shadmand MB, Member S, Mosa M, Balog RS. Maximum power point tracking of grid connected photovoltaic sys tem employing model predictive control. Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC); 2015. p.3067–74.
- Muthuramalingam M, Manoharan PS. Comparative analysis of distributed MPPT controllers for partially shaded stand alone photovoltaic systems. Energy Conversion and Management. 2014; 86:286–99.
- Dileep G, Singh SN. Maximum power point tracking of solar photovoltaic system using modified perturbation and observation method. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews.2015; 50:109–29.
- Balamurugan M, Sahoo SK, Karthikeyan SP, Lall KP, Raglend IJ. DC link voltage balancing in multilevel inverter.2015 International Conference on Circuit,Power and Computing Technologies. [ICCPCT-2015]; 2015. p. 1–6.
- Sandhu M, Thakur T. Multilevel inverters:Literature survey topologies, control techniques & applications of renewable energy sources - grid integration. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 2014; 4(3):644–52.
- Raghuram LN,Suresh HJ. Acritical study of modulation techniques for three level diode clamped voltage source inverter for grid connection of WECS. 2011 1st International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES). 2011; p.221–6.
- Sambath E, Natarajan SP, Balamurugan CR. Performance evaluation of multi carrier based PWM techniques for single phase five level H-bridge type FCMLI. IOSR Journal of Engineering. 2012; 2(7):82–90.
- Naderi R, Rahmati A. Phase-shifted carrier PWM technique for general cascaded inverters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2008; 23(3):1257–69.
- Nderu JN. Modeling and analysis of AC-DC converter PID controller optimized with pattern search algorithm.2011. p.104–18.
- Zambri NA, Ismail MN. Performance comparison of PI and PI-fuzzy controller for grid-connected fuel cell inverter system.2015 IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies - Asia (ISGT ASIA); 2015.
- Yingjie Z, Hong C. Pattern search-based particle swarm optimization algorithm 2. Improvement in Particle Swarm Algorithm. 2011; 6(8):76–83.
- Xiao H, Pei W, Qu H, Kong L, Ouyang H, Mu L. Dynamic optimal operation of microgrid for reduced costs based on pattern search algorithm. 2013 International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS);2013; p. 257–61.
- Suresh LV, Kumar GVN, Madichetty S.Pattern search algorithm based automatic online estimation for AGC with effects of wind power. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2016; 84.
- Sahu RK, Panda S, Padhan S. A hybrid firefly algorithm and pattern search technique for automatic generation control of multi area power systems. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. 2015; 64:9–23.
- Sigarchian SG, Orosz MS, Hemond HF, Malmquist A. Optimum design of a hybrid PV-CSP-LPG microgrid with particle swarm optimization technique. Applied Thermal Engineering.2016; 109(Part B):1031–6.
- Jacob B, Balasubramanian K, Babu TS, Azharuddin SM, Rajasekar N. Solar PV modelling and parameter extraction using artificial immune system. Energy Procedia. 2015; 75:331–6.
- Sangeetha K, Babu TS, Sudhakar N, Rajasekar N. Modeling, analysis and design of efficient maximum power extraction method for solar PV system. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments. 2016; 15:60–70.
- Fri A, El Bachtiri R, El Ghzizal A. A comparative study of three topologies of three-phase (5L) inverter for a PV system.Energy Procedia.2013; 42:436–45.
- Yazhini A, Jayanthi S. Optimization based reactive power control of photovoltaic inverter. 2015 International Conference on Innovations in Information, Embedded and Communication Systems (ICIIECS); 2015.p. 1–5.
- Suresh LV, Kumar GVN, Anusha D. PSO based tuning of an integral and proportional integral controller for a closed loop stand alone multi wind energy systems. ComputationalIntelligence in Data Mining. 2016; 1:399–409.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.