Total views : 100
PSO based Energy Efficient IR Heating System
Objectives: Maintaining uniform temperature with low power consumption is an important factor in various household and industrial applications. This paper presents the development of energy efficient IR heating system using particle swarm optimization. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The IR heating system model is developed by process identification method using step input, controllers are designed, simulated using MATLAB/Simulink and implemented using Arduino. Findings: Experimentally, the PSO based PID controller is proven to be a method for saving of power for temperature control of IR heating system and also shows superiority over the conventional PID controller in terms of performance indices. PSO based energy efficient IR heating system has overcome the drawbacks associated with temperature control of IR heating system like repeated two position switching and inferior time domain specifications which leads to more power consumption. Application/Improvements: PSO based energy efficient IR heating system can be used in various commercial and industrial applications to maintain the temperature with low power consumption.
Arduino, IR Heater, MATLAB, Modeling, PID, PSO.
- DiStefano JJ, Stubberud AR, Williams IJ. Feedback and control systems. McGraw-Hill Professional. Schaum’s Series; 1995.
- Singh R, Kuchhal P, Choudhury S, Gehlot A. Implementation and Evaluation of Heating System using PID with Genetic Algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Mar; 8(5):413–18. March 2015.
- Shekher V, Rai R, Prakash O. Performance evaluation of an intelligent controller design for a ceramic infrared heater.Proceedings of ICCICT, . Mumbai, India; 2012 Oct 19–20.
- Aravind P, Kumar SMG. Optimal tuning of PI controller using swarm intelligence for a nonlinear process. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. 2013 Dec; 2(12).
- Nekoui MA, Khameneh MA, Kazemi MH. Optimal design of PID controller for a CSTR system using particle swarm optimization. Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference; 2010. p. T7-63 - T7-66.
- Wadhwani S, Verma V. Evolutionary computation techniques based optimal PID controller tuning. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology. 2013 Jun; 4(6).
- Lakshmi KV, Srinivas P. Optimum tuning of PID controller using particle swarm optimization. Proceedings of EESCO.Visakhapatnam. India. IEEE digital Xplore; 2015 Jan 24–25.
- Solihin MI, Tack LF, Kean ML. Tuning of PID controller using Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO). Proceeding of the International Conference on Advanced Science, Engineering and Information Technology; 2011.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.