Total views : 175
The Effect of Attributes of Advertisement Models on the Advertising Effect of CSR Ad Campaigns: with a Focus on the Theme of CSR Practices
Objectives: The current research confirmed that different attributes of advertisement models had different influence on the advertising effect of CSR ad campaigns depending on the theme of CSR activities. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Survey was 550 participants were assigned to 12 groups by biased sampling. A factor analysis was performed to analyze the model attributes. Also, a multiple regression analysis was conducted to identify the effects of model attributes on the attitudes toward advertisements, corporations, and the perception of veracity of the advertising messages. The reliability of each scale was determined by using the internal consistency coefficient of Cronbach's α. Findings: The current research confirmed that different attributes of advertisement models had different influence on the advertising effect of CSR ad campaigns depending on the theme of CSR activities. It was found that value relevancy between all the themes of CSR activities and the image of advertisement models exerted a significant influence on the attitude toward CSR ads and the attitude toward companies. In the ads with the themes of economy and society, value relevancy and reliability of models had a significant influence on the attitudes toward ads and companies, while value relevancy and attractiveness of models did so in the theme of environment. It was also found that reliability of the models had a significant effect on perception of veracity of the messages regardless of the themes of CSR activities. Such findings might suggest that advertising executives should employ a tactical strategy when selecting models for CSR ad campaigns. Improvements/ Applications: Future researches are expected to depart from simple analysis of the correlation between model attributes and the attitudes and to take another step to investigate into any mediated effects and more detailed insights.
CSR Ad Campaigns, CSR Advertising Effect, CSR Practices, Model Attributes, Selection of Ad Models.
- Koo WS, Jin YJ. The influence of the CSR type on corporate reputation, social connectedness, and purchase intention: An empirical study of university students. The Korean Journal of Advertising. 2008; 19(4):149–63.
- Choi MW. The significance and effect of CSR as a means of sustainable growth. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23):1–7.
- Bowen HR, Johnson FE. Social responsibility of the businessman.1st (edn)., Harper: New York; 1953.
- Eells R, Walton CC. Conceptual foundations of business.Homewood; 1961.
- Carroll AB. The pyramid of corporate social responsibility: Toward the moral management of organizational stakeholders.Business Horizons. 1997; 34(4):39–48.
- Elkington J. Cannibals with forks: The triple bottom line of 21st century business. Capstone Publishing Ltd.: US; 1997.
- Ahn HS. A study on campaign strategy of corporate social responsibility advertisement: Focusing on TV advertisement for the country’s 3 groups. Journal of Korean Society of Design Science. 2011; 24(3):271–83.
- Jin SJ, Jang C. A study on the CSR TV advertising representation of companies: Focusing on Korea 6 companies CSR TV Ads of 2009-2013. Journal of Korea Design Knowledge.2015; 33:265–73.
- Ohanian R. The impact of celebrity spoke person’s perceived image on consumer’s intention to purchase. Journal of Advertising in Consumer. 1991; 31(1):46–54.
- Dholakia R, Sternthal B. Highly credible sources: Persuasive facilitators or persuasive liabilities? Journal of Consumer Research.1997; 3(4):223–32.
- Kim NM, Yu SY. Effect of the characteristics of model of public service advertisements on public service behavior intension: Mediated effect on attitude of PSA. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S8):250–7.
- Mitchell AA. The effect of verbal and visual components of advertising and brand attitudes and attitude toward the advertising. Journal of Consumer Research.1986 Jun; 13(1):12–24.
- Kim NM, Yu SY. Public service advertising effect on advertising themes and appeal type and the model image. The Korean Journal of Advertising. 2015; 26(2):317–41.
- Lee KS. Brand familiarity, personality, and preference influenced by attributes of model in print Ad of magazine.Journal of the Korean Graphic Arts Communication Society. 2012; 30(2):69–78.
- Peterson R, Wilson W, Brown S. Effects of advertising customer satisfaction claims on consumer attitudes and purchase intentions. Journal of Advertising Research. 1992; 32(2):34–40.
- Homer PM. The mediating role of attitude toward the Ad: Some additional evidence. Journal of Advertising Research.1990 Feb; 27(1):78–86.
- Price LL, Arnould EJ, Deibles SL. Consumers’ emotional responses to service encounters. International Journal of Service Industry Management. 1995; 16(3):34–63.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.