Total views : 190
A Study on the Moderating Effect of Inventory Items on the Relation between Quality Support Activity and Quality Performance
Objectives: When taking the activity of quality support for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), large companies have selected SMEs, established the same goal of quality activity and performed quality support activity based on strategic importance and transaction amount, without any review of inventory item types. If inventory item types are taken into account in selecting SMEs and quality support activity is differentiated, the activity performance can be maximized. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Based on the cases of large companies’ quality support activities for SMEs, this study analyzed the activity performance statistically, categorized inventory item types into single item, complex item and finished product. It investigated the quality performance between the 1st half-year and 2nd half-year after the quality support activity, on the basis of the 1st half-year before the quality support activity. Findings: First, after large companies’ quality support activity for SMEs, single items that are supplied to large companies, showed high performance improvement. Secondly, single items led to a fast improvement in quality performance. Improvements/Applications: If it is expected to make a big performance improvement in a short time, it is required to cooperatively take quality support activity based on short-term projects for SMEs that have business of single items. But for SMEs that have business of complex items and finished products, it is required to take quality support activity from a long-term perspective. This study results will contribute to minimize trials and errors and maximize the performance of quality support activity through selection and concentration when large companies have quality support activity for SMEs.
Inventory Item Types, Quality Performance, Quality Support Activity.
- Kim C, Bae Y. An empirical study on performance of SCM construction by domestic manufacturers. The e-Business Studies. 2010; 11(1):25–44.
- Jung J. The performance evaluation of satellite suppliers of auto-makers in the view of transaction-cost in Korea.Journal of Business Research. 2004. 19(1):109–38.
- Kim S, Hong J, Hwang S. Analyzing the impacts of supply chain partnership on the firm performance. Journal of the Korean Society for Supply Chain Management. 2011; 11(2):137–50.
- Park Y. A study on the performance measurement and success factors of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) system. [Thesis for Doctoral Degree]. Chungang University; 2003.
- Yun J, Lee S. A case study on the developing Win-Win model between large scaled enterprises and Small and Medium Enterprise. Asian Journal on Quality. Proceedings of Fall Conference; 2013.
- Kim J, Ahn T. Innovation activities and the business performance of small and medium manufacturing companies - Moderating effects of organizational and network characteristics.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(24):1–12.
- Lee W, Jun J, Lee T. Sharing behavior and its relationship with core competencies of a company: A grounded theory approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1–9.
- Lee J. A study on innovative quality support factors between parent and sub-contractor company. [Thesis for Master’s Degree] Kyonggi University; 2012.
- Yoo C. A study on scheme for driving the win-win cooperation of quality management. Asian Journal on Quality.2014; 42(4):701–15.
- Kang N. Empirical study on inter-firm diffusion and firms’ performance for Win-Win growth culture in supply chain.[Thesis for Doctoral Degree]. Hoseo University; 2014.
- Yang H. Policy study on the analysis of large, Small and Medium-sized Businesses Win-Win cooperation cases. Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, Win-Win Cooperation Team; 2006.
- Ryu I. A study on the collaborative quality system management between the assembly supplier and the sub-supplier in the automobile industry. [Thesis for Master’s Degree].Ulsan University; 2005.
- Kang U, Park S. Leaders of innovation. Samsung Economics Research Institute (SERI); 2009.
- Ko J. A study on analysis and management methodology of dimension quality of assembled products. Industrial Engineering Magazine. 2014; 21(3):40–6.
- Jo C. Progress of network economy and change in parts supply system. Korea Institute for Industrial Economics and Trade; 2002.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.