Total views : 219
The Establishment of Disaster Communication System Through IoT Technology Convergence
Objectives: To present a network-building measure for maintaining network through Internet of Things (IoT) technology convergence when the information and communication infrastructure collapses in a disaster situation. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: Analyzing currently distributed and utilized IoT technology is necessary to remedy the disadvantages of the disaster and safety radio network based on PS-LTE technology through IoT technology convergence and to form the best network available in a disaster situation. The present study derived a new application of the existing technology by analyzing the sensing device technology for implementing IoT, the technology for coverage in shadow areas, and network expansion technology from the perspective of a disaster situation. Findings: IoT means that all things are connected to the Internet and interactively operated by utilizing the computing power and networking capabilities that are embedded in people, things, and the environment. From this point of view, the sensor nodes constituting a smart sensor network and the access point constituting a small cell are only one thing. The similarity of the architecture and required function between the sink nodes of the smart sensor and the access point of the small cell has verified the feasibility of technology convergence of the smart sensor and small cell. In other words, the smart sensor has computing power that the small cell does not have and its own power, which can be stably driven during a disaster. Furthermore, if coverage can be extended through the Wireless Mesh Network (WMN) technology convergence, the application to the field and party communication will be increased in a disaster situation. We designed a Disaster Response Smart Sensor Small-Cell (DR3S) network specialized in disaster situations by taking into account the characteristics of these technologies. Improvements/Applications: Through this study, we derived a network-building measure specialized in disaster situations, DR3S network, through IoT technology convergence. It is expected that the vulnerability of disaster network will be effectively supplemented.
DR3S, Disaster Network, Internet of Things, Smart Sensor, Small Cell, Sink Node.
- Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs of Korea. Available from: http://www.mogaha.go.kr/eng/ a01/engMain.do. Date Accessed: 2016.
- National Information Society Agency. Disaster Response Best Practices Analysis for the Smart Age. IT & SOCIETY.2011 Nov; (7):17–8.
- Kim KY, Jung SH. Next-Generation Mobile Communications (3GPP LTE) Disaster Communications Technologies and Standards. Technology Transfer Accelerator Journal. 2010 Sep; 131:67–73.
- National IT Industry Promotion Agency. Available from: https://www.nipa.kr/eng/main.it. Date Accessed: 2016.
- Lee JI. Convergent Case Study of Research and Education: Internet of Things Based Wireless Device Forming Research. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society. 2015 Aug; 6(4):1–7.
- Kang HS, Jo DH, Kim BJ. A Study on the Extension of Smart Sensor Network Coverage using Wireless Communication Switching Scheme. Proceedings of Symposium of the Korean Institute of communications and Information Sciences. 2014 Jun; 374–5.
- Him BS, Yoo DH. Trends and Activation Plans for Nextgeneration Wireless Broadband Industry. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society. 2015 Dec; 13(12):13–21.
- Pavan Kumar CHVMSN, Tamilselvan S. A Review on 3GPP Femtocell Networks and its Technical Challenges. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1–9.
- Huang G, Li J. Interference Mitigation for FemtocellNetworks via Adaptive Frequency Reuse. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2015 Apr; 65(4):2413–23.
- Diane KR, Norbert E. The WPA Outcomes Statement, validation, and the pursuit of localism. Assessing Writing. 2014 Mar; 21:89–103.
- Yancey KB. Standards, outcomes, and all that jazz. Debate and consensus after the WPA Outcomes Statement. 2005; 18–23.
- Toghian M, Morogan MC. Suggesting a Method to Improve Encryption Key Management in Wireless Sensor Networks.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–17.
- Deng J, Han R, Mishra S. Enhancing Base Station Securityin Wireless Sensor Networks. 2003. Department ofComputer Science, University of Colorado. Tech Rep.CU-CS-951-03.
- Jang J, Jung J, Cho YK, Choi SH, Shin SY. Design of a Lightweight TCP/IP Protocol Stack with an Event-Driven Scheduler. Journal of Information Science and Engineering.2012 Nov; 28(6):1059–71.
- Ji Z. Design of an Integrated Controller based on ZigBee Wireless Network. Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering. 2013 Mar; 11(8):4414–21.
- Park HS, Kim JD. Design of Loss Resilient Diversity Mesh Point in Wireless Mesh Networks. The Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences. 2007 Jul; 1033–36.
- Uemura K, Funabiki N, Nakanishi T. A Proposal of a Smart Access Point Allocation Algorithm for Scalable Wireless Mesh Networks. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science. 2010; 2181(1):848–53.
- Li Y, Ji H, Li X, Victor CM. Leung, Dynamic channel selection with reinforcement learning for cognitive WLAN over fiber. International Journal of Communication Systems.2012 Mar; 25(8):1077–90.
- Hua YM, Tong LC, Premkumar B. A Power-Efficient Access Point Operation for Infrastructure Basic Service Set in IEEE 802.11 MAC Protocol. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. 2006 Sep; 2006(1):1–14.
- Al-Ahdal AA, Pawar VP, Shinde GN. Cross-Layer Protocol as a Better Option in Wireless Mesh Network with Respect to Layered-Protocol. International Journal of Electronics Communication and Computer Engineering. 2014; 5(1):238–40.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.