Total views : 162
A Study on the KSF Evaluations of Design Management for Korean Small and Medium Companies
Objectives: This study aims to explore the key success factors (KSF) measurements of design management for Korean small & medium companies. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed model explores 10 key success factors based upon the extant study and case studies with experts’ evaluation. The data was retrieved from samples of five small & medium companies which had excellent reputation in the design area in Korea, and three KSF evaluation methods was performed using average value method, diagramming by energy value method, and genetic algorithm method. Findings: The results of the analysis show that the KSF measurement methods are useful to examine KSF by factors. A genetic algorithm method is a better way to evaluate KSF evaluation than average value method and energy value method. Therefore a design company should attempt to establish sustainable KSFs, which are produced by design management, through various means of competitive strategies. Application/Improvements: The shortening product life cycles have caused design companies to recognize the importance of design management. We have entered an age where the design management rooted in key success factors is a necessity.
Design Management, Evaluations, Genetic Algorithm Method, Key Success Factors, Korean Small & Medium Companies.
- Cooper R, Junginger S, Lockwood T. Design thinking and design management: A research and practice perspective.Design Management. 2009; 20(2):46-55.
- Hong SS, Park JY. A study an actual proof analysis for design management strategy of minor enterprise. Korean Journal of the Science of Emotion & Sensibility. 2004; 7(1):65-81.
- Lee SB. Korea: Hongik University: An empirical study on the key success factors of design management in the small and medium sized firms, Ph.D. Dissertation. 2006.
- Dutra F, Wolff F. About the measurement of design results in large companies: A case study in Brazil. Proceedings of 19th DMI: Academic Design Management Conference.2014.
- Lee J. Development of design management evaluation factors for SME’s. Archives of Design Research. 2013; 26(2):255-73.
- Cha Y, Lee G, Lee J, Wie D. Optimization of the distribution plan and multi-product capacity using genetic algorithm.Journal of Digital Convergence. 2014; 12(6):125-34.
- Brown K, Schmired H, Tarondeau J. Success factors in R&D: A meta-analysis of the empirical literature and derived implications for design management. Design Management Journal Academic Review. 2002; 2(4):72-87.
- Chung K. The nature of design management: Developing a curriculum model. Design Management Journal. 1998 Summer; p. 66-71.
- Choi WS. The study on key success factors of design management in manufacturing companies – Using the case study. Design Forum. 2007; 15:565-74.
- Wernerfelt B. A resource-based view of the firm. Strategic Management Journal. 1984; 5(2):171-80.
- Aleem S, Capretz LF, Ahmed F. Empirical investigation on key business factors for digital game performance.Entertainment Computing. 2016; 13(March):25-36.
- Samimi E, Shahosseini MA, Abasaltian A, Shafaghi S.Identifying and prioritizing critical success factors (CSFs) in retaining and developing knowledge workers in oil and gas project-based companies. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(11):1-10.
- Gandhi A. Critical success factors in ERP implementation and their interrelationship using TISM and MICMAC analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S6):138-50.
- Yu J, Kwon H. Critical success factors for urban regeneration projects in Korea. International Journal of Project Management. 2011; 29(7):889-99.
- Costantino F, Gravio GD, Nonino F. Project selection in project portfolio management: An artificial neural network model based on critical success factors.International Journal of Project Management. 2015; 33(8):1744-54.
- Lee HM. Korea: Hongik University: A study on the product innovation strategic system for successful industrial design, Ph.D. Dissertation. 2001.
- Lee JY. Korea: Hanyang University: A study on an image of a digital character by applying generic algorithm – To verify the influence of image formation of a character gene, Ph.D.Dissertation. 2003.
- Rashid M, Kaur L. Finding bugs in Android application using genetic algorithm and apriori algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(23):1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.