Total views : 215
The Analysis of the Public Enterprise’s Competitiveness and its Policy Implications
Objectives: This study is to examine the direction of railroad in Korea to move forward by identifying the major indicators for improving the railroad competitiveness in terms of economic, organizational and service based on the concept of railroad competitiveness and the present status of railroad industry and measuring the current and future competitiveness level. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study used survey methods, the survey was carried out 25 experts through by post or through the email. The value measurement area in the improvement of railroad competitiveness for changes in the traffic environments in the future was divided into economic aspects, organizational basis aspects and service aspects based on the theoretical discussion, and these 3 measurement areas were composed of 12 measurement elements and 38 values. Also, the current and future competitiveness levels were analyzed using the average values by applying the general frequency analysis. Findings: The findings of this study are as follows: First, in terms of economic aspects, it is expected that KORAIL would have the overall competitiveness in the future, especially in the scientific maintenance system high speed and linked transport capacity, expansion of profitable fields, and promotion of Eurasia and continent railroad linkage. And, it is expected that KORAIL would have low competitiveness in the advancement in the overseas railway market and the introduction of advanced concept railway transport system in the future. Second, in terms of organizational basis aspects, it is expected that KORAIL would have the overall high competitiveness in the future especially in the employees’ technology and expertise. And, it is expected that KORAIL would have low competitiveness in the realization of win-win labor and management environment in future. Third, in terms of service aspects, it is expected that KORAIL would have the overall high competitiveness in future especially in the pleasantness of railroad environments, establishment and technology development of the railroad safety system and railroad safety education and training. And, it is expected that KORAIL would have low competitiveness in the expansion and efficient management of policy customer group and information security system in future. Improvements/Applications: The analysis in the study emphasizes the followings: first, the improvement of technologies and reinforcement of financial efficiency, second, the reinforcement of human capacity, third, the improvement and reinforcement of safe environments.
Competitiveness, Competitiveness Level, Public Enterprise, Rail Road Industry, Traffic Environment.
- Samsung Economic Research Institute. Rebuild of sustainable management and corporate competitiveness model.SERI Report. 2012.
- Ju SH, Ha HS, Ju HJ, Han SJ. Factor analyses and policy implications influencing competitiveness of public enterprises: In the center of Korail case, Korean Comparative Government Review. 2015 Winter; 19(4):317–41.
- Kim MS, Joo JY, Choi HC, Yang HS. A study on the role of state-owned enterprise for overseas railway projects and an analysis on ways to win railway projects. The Korean Society for Railway Spring Conference Journal. 2012.
- Son JM. Moderating effect of the types of local network in the relationship between subsidiary’s strategic role and performance. International Management Journal. 2011 Winter; 22(4):53–79.
- Cheo KS. The Graduate School of Yeungnam University: The execution and the evaluation of the management efficiency and improvement strategy for a privatized firm. D.Doctorial Thesis. 2009.
- Lee WI. The study on the “management efficiency” strategy of the best corporation in the public sector: Focused on the French and Singapore public corporation. Management Consulting Journal. 2008 Autumn; 8(3):139–53.
- Kim TH, Cheo WJ. Competitiveness strengthening plans through the total profit management of public companies.Korea Safety Management & Science Conference Journal.2011.
- KORAIL. Railroad competitiveness improvement measures in preparation for changes in transportation environments in future. Project Report. 2015.
- Maryam HT. Effect of CSR on employee engagement.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 February; 8(S4):301–06.
- Mehta M, Chandani A. Where Indian Pharma Corporates stand-study with reference to corporate governance practices and CSR. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Feb; 8(S4):76–82.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.