Total views : 178
Over-The-Top (OTT) Instant Messaging (IM) Service Loyalty from the Perspective of Vietnamese User
Objectives: This paper aims to examine the market of Over-The-Top (OTT) Instant Messaging (IM) service in Vietnam, particularly the user loyalty to an OTT IM service. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To that end, the study theoretically bases on the information systems (IS) success model and Expectation-Confirmation Model (ECM) with a slight adjustment to be appropriate with Vietnamese market context. Empirical research is adapted as a method to study the above objectives. Sample size is 224 respondents collected from Vietnamese OTT IM users. Smart PLS 3 software tool is employed for the statistical analysis of data. Findings: The study well explains “user loyalty” concept for OTT IM service, Vietnam market in particular. It statistically interprets more than 70% of user satisfaction, user continuance intention and user recommendation intention. However, the study could not explain that concept completely. For instance, user intercross use and user price endurance have a low explanation power which is under 40%. There are still other factors influencing on user loyalty that need to be deeply studied further. Moreover, the study has showed that system quality of OTT IM service plays an important role in contributing to user positive perception about Perceived Usefulness (PU) and confirmation. Then, PU and confirmation positively affect to user satisfaction and user loyalty. These findings related to PU, confirmation and satisfaction are quite similar to the previous studies; while the findings related to user loyalty are the new values of this research. Improvements/Applications: The results provide some helpful insights and valuable practices to both domestic and foreign OTT IM service providers for their business in Vietnamese market which is still new and open-ended.
Instant Messaging (IM), Loyalty, Over-The-Top (OTT), Vietnam Market, Vietnamese Users.
- Over-the-top Content. Date accessed: 19/07/2015. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-the-top_content.
- Lam N, Tuan T. OTT Content Services in Vietnam: An Inevitable Market Trend, IDC. 2013.
- OTT in Vietnam. Date accessed: 19/07/2015.Available at: http://itsmorethanthenumbers.wordpress.
- Third Local firm Joins OTT Market. Date accessed: Available at: 19/07/2015. http://english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/ science-it/100479/third-local-firm-joins-ott-market.html.
- DeLone WH, McLean ER. Information Systems Success: The Quest for the Dependent Variable, Information Systems Research. 1992; 3(1):60−95.
- Bhattacherjee A. Understanding Information Systems Continuance: An Expectation-Confirmation Model, MIS Quarterly. 2001; 25(3):351−70.
- DeLone WH, McLean ER. The DeLone and McLean Model of Information Systems Success: A Ten-Year Update, Journal of Management Information Systems. 2003; 19(4):9−30.
- Davis FD. Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technology, MIS Quarterly. 1989; 13(3):319−40.
- Spreng RA, MacKenzie SB, Olshavsky RW. A Reexamination of the Determinants of Consumer Satisfaction, Journal of Marketing. 1996; 60(3):15−32.
- Gefen D. Customer Loyalty in E-Commerce, Journal of the AIS. 2002; 3(1):27−51.
- Zhou T, Lu Y. Examining Mobile Instant Messaging User Loyalty from the Perspectives of Network Externalities and Flow Experience, Computers in Human Behavior. 2011; 27(2):883−89.
- Lin HH, Wang YS. An Examination of the Determinants of Customer Loyalty in Mobile Commerce Contexts, Information and Management. 2006; 43(3):271−82.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.