Total views : 115
Design and Analysis of Circular Patch Antenna for UWB Applications
The design of Ultra Wideband antenna is proposed for UWB and WPAN applications. Ground plane and radiator of receiving antenna is etched on to the Printed Circuit Board (PCB). The circular patch antenna is operated in the frequency range of 3.1 to 10.6 GHZ with -10 dB return loss. Antenna has three dimensional Omni directional radiations. The effects of antenna parameters like ground plane length and circle radius are optimized and radiation patterns are observed. Antenna is operated in between 3.1 GHz to 10.6 GHz range which can be used for WPAN and Wi-MAX applications. The parametric study is carried out for the slot present in the antenna and their return losses and VSWR are analyzed. Fabrication process for this antenna can be done in FR4 substrate and is also tested on a vector network analyzer and the evaluation is done between the operating frequencies. This work can be further extended for improving the bandwidth.
Circular Patch Antenna, UWB.
- Haraz O, Sebak AR. UWB antennas for wireless applications.Intech. 2013 Mar.
- Iftissane M, Bri S, Zenkour L, Mamouni A. Conception of patch antenna at Wide Band. International Journal of Emerging Sciences. 2011 Sep; 1(3).
- Balanis CA. Antenna theory analysis and design. 2nd ed.Arizona State University; 2002.
- Tang Z, Wang B, Yin Y, Lian R. Ultra Wideband planar InvertedF MIMO antenna with high isolation. Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters. 2015; 51:67–72.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.