Total views : 280
Multi Aspect Sparse Time Integrated Cut-off Authentication (STI-CA) for Cloud Data Storage
Objectives/Background: Cloud infrastructure is a pool of commuting resources such as information storage servers, application progress platforms, load balancers and virtual machines that are shared between the users for transactional processes with on demand process. However, transactional process lacks a secure authentication system, while it does not attest the trustworthiness of dynamic contents threats which outlaw the cloud system. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To establish the authenticity and avoiding improper data modification on cloud based data transactions, a framework called, multi aspect Sparse Time Integrated Cut-off Authentication (STI-CA) for Cloud Data Storage is designed. STI-CA framework commences with the password registry for each cloud user on the basis of two dimensional service matrices reducing the overhead incurred during user authentication by applying Sparse Vector Cloud User Registry. Next, by utilizing Time Integrated One Time Password, which is unique for each cloud user and each login reduces the execution time and space complexity as the cloud server does not maintain the password. Finally, the Cut-off Potential Cryptography prevents the unauthorized user modification on transactional data, therefore improving the security. Here the Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) dataset is used for experiment using the JAVA coding with Cloudsim3. A series of simulation results are performed to test the data confidentiality, execution time, communication overhead and space complexity for obtaining transactional data and measure the effectiveness of STI-CA framework. Findings: STI-CA framework offers better performance with an improvement of the data confidentiality by 31%, reduces execution time by 20%, reduce communication overhead by 30% and also minimize space complexity by 22% compared to existing models of DRAFT and iCloud native Mac OS X respectively. Applications/Improvements: It can be further extended with implementation of new model with different parameters which improves more confidentiality and integrity.
Authentication, Cloud Data Storage, Cut-off, Multi Aspect, Password registry, Potential Cryptography, Sparse, Time Integrated.
- Xu W, Zhang X, Hu H, Ahn GJ, Seifert JP. Remote Attestation with domain-based integrity model and policy analysis.IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing.2012 May/Jun; 9(3):429–42.
- Oestreicher K. A forensically robust method for acquisition of iCloud data. Digital Forensics and Incident Response.2014 Aug; 11:S106–13.
- Hao Z, Zhong S, Yu N. A privacy-preserving remote data integrity checking protocol with data dynamics and public verifiability. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2011 Sep; 23(9):1432–7.
- Hashem IAT, Yaqoob I, Anuar NB, Mokhtar S, Gani A, Khan SU. The rise of “big data” on cloud computing: Review and open research issues. Information Systems. 2015 Jan; 47:98–115.
- Wang Y, Shi W. Budget-driven scheduling algorithms for batches of mapreduce jobs in heterogeneous clouds. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. 2014 Jul-Sep; 2(3):306– 19.
- Polverini M, Cianfrani A, Ren S, Vasilakos AV. Thermalaware scheduling of batch jobs in geographically distributed data centers. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing.2014 Jan-Mar; 2(1):71–84.
- Derbeko P, Dolevb S, Gudes E, Sharma S. Security and Privacy aspects in MapReduce on clouds: A survey. Computer Science Review. 2016 May; 20:1–28.
- El-Booz SA, Attiya G, El-Fishawy N. A secure cloud storage system combining time-based one-time password and automatic blocker protocol. EURASIP Journal on Information Security. 2016 Jun; 1–13.
- Mokle S, Shaikh NF. Anonymous authentication for secure data stored on cloud with decentralized access control.IEEE WiSPNET; 2016. p. 216–20.
- Shu J, Shen Z, Xue W. Shield: A stackable secure storage system for file sharing in public storage. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. Elsevier Journal. 2014.
- Rajamani T, Sevugan P, Purushotham S. An Investigation on the techniques used for encryption and authentication for data security in cloud computing. IIOAB Journal. 2016; 7(5):126–38.
- Soofi AA, Khan MI, Amin FE. Encryption techniques for cloud data confidentiality. International Journal of Grid Distribution Computing. 2014; 7(4):11–20.
- Takabi H. Privacy aware access control for data sharing in cloud computing environments. International workshop on Security in cloud computing; 2014. p. 27–34.
- Medhioub M, Hamdi M, Kim TH. A new authentication scheme for cloud-based storage applications, International Conference on Security of Information and Networks; 2016. p. 57–60.
- Rodrigo N, Rajiv R, Anton B, Csar A, Buyya R. CloudSim: A toolkit for modelling and simulation of cloud computing environments and evaluation of resource provisioning algorithms. Software: Practice and Experience. 2011; 41(1):23–50.
- Montjoye YA, Shmueli E, Wang SS, Pentland AS. OpenPDS: Protecting the privacy of metadata through safe answers.Plos one. 2014 Jul; 9(7):1–9.
- Thilakanathan D, Nepal CSS, Calvo RA. Secure data sharing in the cloud. Security Privacy and Trust in Cloud Systems.Springer; 2014. p. 45–72.
- Shin Y, Kim K. Differentially private client-side data reduplication protocol for cloud storage services. Security and Communication Networks. 2014 Oct; 8(12):2114- 23.
- Albakri SH, Shanmugam B, Samy GN, BashahIdris N, Ahmed A. Security risk assessment framework for cloud computing environments. Security and Communication Networks. 2014 Jan; 7(11):2114–24.
- Li J, Liu JLZ, Jia C. Enabling efficient and secure data sharing in cloud computing. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience. 2013 Jun; 26(5):1052–66.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.