Total views : 86
Implementation of Advanced Routing Technique for Cognitive Radio
One of the most developing technologies for future wireless communication is Cognitive Radios (CR) networks. The Cognitive Radios are fully programmable wireless devices for supporting dynamic spectrum access, the policy that addresses the channel access method, spectrum use and spectrum scarcity problem. In this a transceiver is designed to use the best wireless channels in its vicinity thereby intelligently detecting which communication channels are available and instantly move into vacant channels while avoiding the occupied ones. Thus the use of RF spectrum is optimized while minimizing interference to end users. To establish a route between source and destination nodes in CRAHN, a routing technique is needed. Various routing methods have been proposed based on performance metrics such as propagation delay, transmitted power, number of intermediate nodes between source and destination (hop count) and spectrum awareness. This paper implements a new routing technique incorporating all the above metrics. The routing strategy can be implemented in MATLAB which may improve metrics like distance, number of intermediate nodes between source and destination (hop count), transmitted power, propagation delay in comparison with shortest path and the MTPR routing technique.
Cognitive Radio, CRAHN, FCC, MTPR.
- Moh S, Salim S. On-demand routing protocols for Cognitive Radio ad hoc networks. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communication and Networking; Springer. 2013.
- Wang Q, Zheng H. Route and spectrum selection in dynamic spectrum networks. Conference Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference; Las Vegas. 2006 Jan.
- Lei G, Wang W, Peng T, Wang W. Routing metrics in Cognitive Radio networks. Conference Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Circuits and Systems for Communications; Shanghai. 2008 May.
- Liu T, Liao W. Capacity-aware routing in multi-channel multi-rate wireless mesh networks. Conference Proceedings of International Conference on Communications, IEEE ICC; 2006
- Cheng G, Liu W. Joint on-demand routing and spectrum assignment in Cognitive Radio networks. Procedings of International Conference on Communications, IEEE ICC; 2007.
- Caleffi M, Akyildiz IF, Paura L. OPERA: Optimal routing metric for Cognitive Radio ad hoc networks. IEEE Trans Wireless Comm. 2012; 11(8):2884–94.
- Vir D, Agarwal SK, Imam SA, Mohan L. Performance analysis of MTPR routing protocol in power deficient node.International Journal on Ad Hoc Networking Systems (IJANS). 2012 Oct; 2(4):67–75.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.