Total views : 94
Design and Development of a Conformal Printed sleeve dipole antenna operating in 800MHz to 3000MHz
In this paper, a conformal loaded printed sleeve dipole antenna operating in 800MHz to 3000MHz frequency band is designed and presented with measured results. The wide band characteristics are achieved using sleeve configuration along with capacitive loading. The proposed antenna has VSWR ≤ 3:1 with good radiation efficiency and omni-directionality. The proposed antenna is designed in CST Microwave StudioTM and fabricated using photolithography technique. As the antennas is printed on 10 mils thick RT Duroid 5880TM substrate. The antenna is flexible and can be conformed to given cylindrical shaped platform. The proposed conformal antenna finds wide applications in avionics and wireless communication systems.
Conformal, Printed Dipole, Sleeve.
- Constantine A Balanis. Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, John Wiley and Son, 3 Edition, 2005.
- Rodney B. Waterhouse and Dalma Novak, Wireless Systems and Printed Antennas, Wiley.
- Youla DC. A New Theory of Broadband Matching, IEEE Trans. Circuit Theory. CT-11. 1964 Mar; 30−50.
- CST Microwave StudioTM 2015 Software Homepage. http:// www.cst.com.
- Kraus JD, Marhefka RJ. Antennas for all Applications, Tata McGraw-Hill Publication, 3 Edition, 2003, p. 52.
- Oltman G. The Compensated Balun, IEEE Trans.Microwave Theory.
- Zhang Z-Y, Zhang C-B. Wideband Omnidirectional Printed Dipole Antenna with Coupling Feed for Wireless Communication Applications, Progress in Electromagnetic Research C. 2013; 38:89−99.
- Jin X-H. Huang X-D, Cheng C-H, Zhu L. Super-Wideband Printed Asymmetrical Dipole Antenna, Progress in Electromagnetic Research Letters. 2011; 27:117−23.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.