Total views : 125
Logarithmic Companding Technique to Improve Performance of SC-FDMA Systems
Objectives: This paper proposes logarithmic companding technique to improve PAPR and BER performance of conventional Single Carrier Frequency Division Multiple Access (SC-FDMA) system. Methods/Analysis: The lower signal envelope fluctuations in SC-FDMA signal results in low peak to average power ratio, in contrast to that of OFDMA. But still, there is a need to minimize PAPR in SC-FDMA systems. Although there are many techniques to minimize PAPR in SC-FDMA systems they are highly complex or need side information to be transmitted. This paper proposes a companding technique based on a logarithmic function which provides better PAPR reduction when compared to μ law companding. Findings: Simulation results demonstrate that proposed method provides better PAPR and BER performance when compared to conventional SC- FDMA system and μ law companding.
Companding, LTE, PAPR Reduction, SC-FDMA.
- 3GPP. Evolved universal terrestrial radio access (E-UTRA); Long term evolution (LTE) physical layer; General description, 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), TS 36.201. 2007 Dec.
- Saraswathi M, Babu SPK. A Novel Investigation on BER Measurement of SCFDMA System with Combined Tomlinson-Harashima Precoding and Reed Solomon Coding. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8 (26):1–6.
- Myung H, Lim J, Goodman D. Single carrier FDMA for uplink wireless transmission. IEEE Veh Technol Mag. 2006 Sep; 1(3):30–8.
- Wunder G, Fischer RFH, Boche H, Litsyn S, No J-S. The PAPR problem in OFDM transmission: New directions for a long-lasting problem. IEEE Signal Process Mag. 2013 Nov; 30(6):130–44.
- Meza CA, Lee K, Lee K. PAPR reduction in SC-FDMA by pulse shaping using parametric linear combination pulses.IEEE Commun Lett. 2012 Dec; 16(12):2008–11.
- Mohammad A, Zekry A, Newagy F. A time domain SLM for PAPR reduction in SC-FDMA systems. Proc IEEE Global High Tech Congr Electron. 2012 Nov; 143–7.
- Sayed-Ahmed A, Shokair M, El-Rabaie E-S. PAPR reduction for LFDMA using a reduced complexity PTS scheme.Proc 29th Nat Radio Sci Conf. Cairo, Egypt, 2012 Apr. p.515–22.
- Chen G, Song SH, Ben Letaief K. A low-complexity precoding scheme for PAPR reduction in SC-FDMA systems. Proc IEEE Wireless Commun and Networking Conf. 2011 Mar.p. 1358–62.
- Yuen CH, Farhang-Boroujeny B. Analysis of the optimum precoder in SC-FDMA. IEEE Trans Wireless Commun.2012 Nov; 11(11):4096–107.
- El-samie FEA, Al-kamali FS. Performance enhancement of SC-FDMA systems using a companding technique.Springer Annals of Telecommunication. 2010; 65(5):293– 300.
- Sun E, Sun Y, Si P, Yang R, Zhang Y. Analysis of nonlinear companding schemes for papr reduction of sc- fdma signals.Global Mobile Congress (GMC). Shanghai, China.2011 Oct; 1–7.
- El-Samie FEA, Al-Kamali FS, Al-nahari AY, Dessouky MI.SC-FDMA for Mobile Communications. Boca Raton,USA: CRC. 2013.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.