Total views : 85
Differential Space Time Frequency Codes for MIMO OFDM Systems
In general coherent detection, channel estimation requires huge number of symbols for transmission in Multiband Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (MB-OFDM) Ultra Wide Band (UWB) system, due to this bandwidth efficiency reduces. The proposed Differential Space-Time-Frequency Code (DSTFCs) for multiband-OFDM Ultra-WB communications is increases the efficiency of bandwidth. DSTFC system does not require Channel State Information (CSI). Due to this, the system bandwidth efficiency is possible to increase with DSTFCs. The proposed DSTFCs are derived both coding and decoding algorithms for 64 QAM (Quadrature Amplitude Modulation). The Simulation outcomes show that the use of DSTFCs can improve the coherent MB-OFDM (without STFC), differential MB-OFDM (without OFDM) bit error performance. The performance of DSTFCs almost reaches the STFCs performance even in the absence of channel state information.
CSI, DSTFC, OFDM, QAM, STFC, UWB
- Batra A, et al. Multiband OFDM physical layer specification. WiMedia Alliance Release 1.1; 2005 Jul.
- Abbott W, et al. Multiband OFDM physical layer specification. WiMedia Alliance Release 1.5; 2009 Aug.
- Tan T-H, Lin K-C. Performance of space-time block coded MB-OFDM UWB systems. Proc 2006 Annual Communication Networks and Services Research Conference; 2006. p. 323–7.
- Siriwongpairat WP, Su W, Liu. Multiband- OFDM MIMO coding framework for UWB communication systems. IEEE Trans Signal Process. 2006 Jan; 54(1):214–24.
- Li H. Differential space-time-frequency modulation over frequency-selective fading channels. IEEE Commun Lett. 2003 Aug; 7(8):349–51.
- Liu Z, Giannakis GB. Block differentially encoded OFDM with maximum multipath diversity. IEEE Trans Wireless Commun. 2003 May; 2(3):420–3.
- Foerster J, Intel R&D. Channel modelling sub-committee report final. IEEE P802.15 Working Group for Wireless Personal Area Net- works (WPANs), IEEE P802.15-02/490r1-SG3a; 2005 Oct.
- Lin Y, Liu H, Lee C. A 1-GS/sFFT/IFFT processor for UWB applications. IEEE J Solid-State Circuits. 2005 Aug; 40(8):1726–35.
- Su W, Xia X-G. Signal constellations for quasiorthogonal space-time block codes with full diversity. IEEE Trans on Information Theory. 2004 Oct.10. Wang H, Wang D, Xia X-G. Optimal quasi-orthogonal space-time block codes with minimum decoding complexity. IEEE Trans on Information Theory. 2009 Mar.
- Wang D, Xia X-G. Optimal diversity product rotations for quasi-orthogonal STBC with MPSK. IEEE Communications Letters. 2005 May.
- Foerster J, Intel R&D. Channel modelling sub-committee report final. IEEE P802.15 Working Group for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), IEEE P802.15-02/490r1-SG3a; 2005 Oct.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.