Total views : 162
Cell Coverage Area and Link Budget Calculations in LTE System
The network planning is a significant step in establishment of wireless communication system. For a wireless system the primary setup takes a lot of time for process and also very expensive. Because of this reason it uses a mathematical model before the processing of the system to avoid unknown expenses. The mathematical model calculation mainly includes path loss, link budgets etc. Radio propagation is site specific and it varies substantially depending on geography, frequency at which system will operate mobile terminal speed, interface sources and other dynamic factors. To estimate the signal coverage and to achieve a high data rates, it is very important to illustrate the radio channel through important parameters and with the help of a mathematical model. In this paper we have evaluated the cell coverage area for Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology at 1800 MHz (FDD-LTE) theoretically for different transmitting antenna heights and at different transmitting power levels. This coverage area is then compared with the practical measured coverage area i.e. practical measured path loss. The signal coverage starts within the cell, by predicting the affecting parameters on the signal power level in the uplink and downlink at the practical cases. In this paper the concentration is completely on preprocess of network planning i.e. link budgeting of LTE cellular system. This investigation can also lead the radio planner to a thorough understanding of radio wave propagation for designing mobile communication system.
Base Transceiver Station (BTS), Coverage Area, Link Budget, Long Term Evolution (LTE), Path Loss.
- Mawjoud SA. Evaluation of Power Budget and Cell Coverage Range in Cellular GSM System, AI-Rafidain Engineering. 2008; 16(1):37−47.
- Premchandra Kumar, Bhushan Patil, Suraj Ram. Selection of Radio Propagation Model for Long Term Evolution (LTE) Network, International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science. 2015 Jan-Feb; 3(1):372−79.
- LTE an Introduction, White Paper, Ericsson AB, 2009.
- Ramanathan P. Propagation Path-Loss Prediction Model for 4G Mobile Communication Systems, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies. 2014; 5(1):410−13.
- Nkordeh NS, Atayero AAA, Idachaba FE, Oni OO. LTE Network Planning using the Hata-Okumura and the COST231 Hata Pathloss Models, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering. I WCE, London, U.K; 2014 July 2–4.
- Rappaport TS. Wireless Communications, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey; Ch. 3 and 4, 1996.
- Dinesh Sharma, Purnima K Sharma, Vishal Gupta, Singh RK. A Survey on Path Loss Models used in Wireless Communication System Design, IJRTE. 2010; 3(2).
- Andreas F. Molisch, Freedrik Tufresson. Propagation Channel Models next Generation Wireless Communication Sysstems, IEICE Trans. Communication. 2014 Oct; E97B(10):2022−34.
- Omar Abdul Aziz, Tharek Abdul Rahman. Investigation of Path Loss Prediction in Different Multi-Floor Stairwells at 900 MHz and 1800 MHz. Progress in Electro- magnetic Research M. 2014; 39:27−39.
- Noman Shabbir, Muhammad T Sadiq, Hasnain Kashif, Rizwan Ullah. Comparsion of Radio Propagation Models for Long Term Evolution (LTE) Network, International Journal of Next-Generation Networks (IJNGN). 2011 Sep; 3(3):27−41.
- Atanasov Ph, Kiss’ovski Zh. Investigations of the Signal Path Loss in 4G LTE Network, Bulg. J. Phys. 2013; 40:265–68.
- Intuitive Guide to Principal of Communications- Link Budget.
- Wireless Link Budget Analysis: How to Calculate Link Budget for Your Wireless Network, Tranzeo Wireless Technologies Inc.- White Paper.
- Purnima K Sharma, Singh RK. Cell Coverage Area and Link Budget Calculations in GSM System, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER). 2012 Mar-Apr; 2(2):170−76.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.