Total views : 223
Authorship Identification for Tamil Classical Poem (Mukkoodar Pallu) using C4.5 Algorithm
Objectives: To training classifier based on the features extracted from the poems of Mukkoodar Pallu, authors for various unknown poems can be classified. Methods/Analysis: The classification accuracy by performing classification in the dataset using C4.5 algorithm is illustrated in this paper. Findings: The results of performing classification on dataset that consists of features extracted from the dataset are shown in this paper. Features like number of characters, number of sentences and the classification accuracy when C4.5 algorithm is used is illustrated. Novelty/Improvement: By doing this, authors of various other poems in Tamil language can be identified which will be helpful to the society. Also a generalized authorship identification tool for all regional languages can be achieved.
Authorship, Classification, Feature Selection, Tamil Articles.
- Iqbal F, Binsalleeh H, Fung BCM, Debbabi M. Mining writeprints from anonymous e-mails for forensic investigation.Digital Investigation (Elsevier). 2010; 7:56–64.
- Sanjanasri JP, Kumar MA. A computational framework for tamil document classification using random kitchen sink. IEEE, International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI); 2015.
- Khonji M, Iraqi Y, Jones A. An evaluation of authorship attribution using random forests. International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Research (ICTRC2015), IEEE; 2015.
- Fawziotoom A, Abdullah EE, Jaafar S, Hamdellh A, Amer D. Towards author identification of Arabic text articles.5th International Conference on Information and Communication Systems (ICICS), IEEE; 2014.
- Pandian A. Sadiq MAK. Authorship categorization in email investigations using fisher’s linear discriminate method with radial basis function. Journal of Computer Science.2014; 10(6):10031214.
- Ahmed A-F, Mohammad R, Bellahfkimustafa, Mohammad A-S. Authorship attribution in Arabic poetry. 2015 10th International Conference on Intelligent Systems: Theories and Applications (SITA); 2015.
- Otoom AF, Abdullah EE, Jaafer S, Hamdallh A, Amer D. Towards author identification of Arabic text articles.IEEE, 5th International Conference on Information and Communication Systems (ICICS); 2014.
- Urala KB, Ramakrishnan AG, Mohammad S. Recognition of open vocabulary. Online Tamil Handwritten Pages in Tamil Script. IEEE. 2014; 42(3):6–9.
- Pandian A, Sadiq MAK. Detection of fraudulent emails by authorship extraction. International Journal of Computer Application. 2012; 41(7):7–12.
- Pandian A, Sadiq MAK. Authorship attribution in Tamil language email for forensic analysis. International Review on Computers and Software. 2013; 8(12):2882–8.
- Mahalakshmi M, Sharavanan M. Ancient Tamil script recognition and translation using Labview. IEEE, International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing; 2013 Apr 3–5.
- Iqbal F, Binsalleeh H, Fung BCM, Debbabi M. E-mail authorship attribution using customized associative classification.Digital Vestigation; 2015. p. S116–26.
- Bagavandas M, Hameed A, Manimannan G. Neural computation in authorship attribution: The case of selected Tamil articles. Journal Quantitative Linguistics. 2009; 16(2):115–31.
- Chandrasekaran R, Manimannan G. Use of generalized regression neural network in authorship attribution.International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013; 62(4):7–10.
- Pandian, A, Sadiq MAK. A study of authorship identification techniques in Tamil articles. International Journal of Software and Web Sciences. 2014; 7(1):105–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.