Total views : 152
Enhancing Embedding Capacity and Security using Reversible Texture Synthesis in Image Steganography
Objectives: Image steganography embeds a secret data of any form on an image. It hides data into a digital media like image, audio and video. The message existence is made unknown by embedding it in a digital host before transmitting it. Secret communication can be achieved through cryptography and steganography. But steganography has few advantages over cryptography one such major advantage is that the encrypted text is hidden and cannot easily be disclosed. Methods: Steganogrphy technique involves cover object and stego object where Cover-object is the object in which message is embedded and Stego-object is the object that carries the hidden message. Texture synthesis is used in steganography where smaller texture image is resampled into new texture image with similar visual properties. Instead of using a cover image for hiding messages the proposed method involves concealing original texture of the image and embedding the secret messages. Findings: In Reversible texture synthesis the source texture can be recovered which is same as that of the original image therefore it can be reused further. In the proposed system Patch based texture synthesis is employed wherever the textures are synthesized by pasting the patches from original texture. Embedding capability and security will be increased without degrading image quality using Huffman cryptography. Applications: Steganography is mainly used for confidential and secret data sharing, protection against data alteration, control system access for digital distribution of contents, Steganography is also used for media database systems
Huffman Coding, Patch Synthesis, Security, Steganography, Texture Synthesis.
- Cheng YM, Wang CM. A high-capacity steganographic approach for 3D polygonal meshes. The Visual Computer.2006 Sep; 22(9):845–55.
- Dragoi IC, Coltuc D. Local-prediction-based difference expansion reversible watermarking. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2014 Apr; 23(4):1779–90.
- Hong W, Chen T-S, Shiu C-W. Reversible data hiding for high quality images using modification of prediction errors.Journal of Systems and Software. 2009 Nov; 82(11):1833–42
- Witkin KM. Reaction–diffusion textures. ACM SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics.1991 Jul; 25(4):299–308
- Image restoration using multire solution texture synthesis and image in painting [Internet]. [cited 2003 Jul 09]. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/ 1214456/.
- Simoncelli EP, Portilla J. Texture characterization via joint statistics of wavelet coefficient magnitudes. Proceedings of Fifth International Conference on Image Processing; 1998 Oct. p. 1–5.
- Efros A, Leung TK. Texture synthesis by non-parametric sampling. Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Vision; 1999 Sep. p. 1–6.
- Moulin P, Joseph A. Information-theoretic analysis of information hiding. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory.2003 Mar; 49(3):563–93.
- Han C, Risser E, Ramamoorthi R, Grinspun E. Multiscale texture synthesis. ACM Transactions on Graphics. 2008 Aug; 27(3).
- Raja JN, Jaganathan P, Domnic S. A new variable-length integer code for integer representation and its application to text compression. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(24):1–6.
- Hong W, Chen T-S, Shiu C-W. Reversible data hiding for high quality images using modification of prediction errors.Journal of Systems and Software. 2009 Nov; 82(11):1833– 42.
- Ananth SV, Sudhakar P. Performance analysis of a combined cryptographic and steganographic method over thermal images using barcode encoder. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(7):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.