Total views : 194
Wireless Gas Monitoring and Alerting System (WGMAS) for Warehouse using Arduino and Raspberry Pi
Objectives: To devise a gas leakage monitoring and alerting systems for LPG warehouse. Methods/Statistical Analysis: One of the prime areas to monitor the leakages is LPG warehouse. A Wireless Gas Monitoring and Alerting System (WGMAS) is proposed for detecting, monitoring and thereby to provide alerts about the emissions and leakage at the target area of interest inside a warehouse.MQ-2 and MQ-5 LPG gas sensors interfaced with the Arduino sensor nodes are used. The Raspberry Pi gateway uses a hypertext transport protocol to send the data to the Xively cloud. Findings: The developed WGMAS provides an efficient, periodical monitoring and alerting framework for the plants to prevent the explosion due to the leakage. A mobile relay node is designed for the fault tolerance purpose. Improvements: The designed prototype enables the admin of the warehouse to monitor and analyze the status of emission inside the warehouse remotely by utilizing the Io T services and thereby the supervisor of warehouse can have a control over it.
Gas warehouse monitoring, IoT, WGMAS, WSN, Xively.
- Toxic gas detectors[Internet]. [cited 2013 Apr 27]. Available from: http://abhisam.com/downloads/white-papers/howtoxicgas-detectors-work/.
- Industrial gas leaks threats in India[Internet]. [cited 2013 Apr 27]. Available from:http://www.rediff.com/news/ column/rashme=sehgal-be-warned-industrial-gas-leaksposea-major-threat-in-india/20140718.htm.
- Steel plant leakages [Internet]. [cited 2013 Apr 27]. Available from:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/ Gas-leakage-kills-two-engineers-at-Vizag-SteelPlant/articleshow/36686565.cms.
- Methane leakage in gas processing plants [Internet]. [cited 2013 Apr 27]. Available from:http://thinkprogress.org/climate/ 2015/08/18/3692660/methane-leaks-in-processing/.
- Power Plant Gas leakage detection applications[Internet].[cited 2013 Apr 27]. Available from:http://www.avensyssolutions.com/data_AS/File/Solutions/Sensidyne/Applications% 20Notes/Power_Plant_Gas_Detection_Applications.pdf.
- Brunelli D, Rossi M. Enhancing lifetime of WSN for natural gas leakages detection. Microelectronics Journal. 2014; 45:1665–70.
- Bhuiyan MAS.A computational model of thermal monitoring at a leakage in pipelines. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2016; 92:330–8.
- Ali MM.Development of underground mine monitoring and communication system integrated ZigBee and GIS.International Journal of Mining Science and Technology.2015; 25:811–18.
- SomovA.Developmentofwirelesssensornetworkforcombustiblegasmonitoring, SensorsandActuatorsA. 2011;171:398–405.
- SomovA.Deploymentandevaluationofawirelesssensornetworkformethane leakdetection. SensorsandActuatorsA.2012; 202:17–225.
- Sindhujaand P, Balamurugan MS. Smart power monitoring and control system through Internet of things using Cloud Data Storage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015Aug; 8(19):1–6.
- Sujatha K, Bhavani NPG, Godhavari T, Cao RSPS.Smart Sensor for NOx and SO2 Emissions in Power Station Boilers (SSEPSB). Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Oct; 8(27):1–10.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.