Total views : 165
Energy Forecast Mobile Application for Smart Panel via Bluetooth using Modbus Protocol
Objectives: The main objective of this paper is to develop an android application that communicates with a smart meter through Bluetooth using Modbus RTU as the application layer protocol. Methods: The android application will read the data from a smart meter and show it graphically. It will display the timely data such as energy consumption unit and other details (Current in line, Voltage) in a graph. Through this application, the consumers can easily know their electricity usage at any instance and adjust their usage pattern accordingly to reduce their energy consumption and costs. Findings: By implementing this mobile application it is possible to provide household electrical monitoring services remotely in a handheld device. This proposed system will improve the existing application in the industry by storing the data in the internal database and provides better results than the existing application. Applications/Improvements: The application overcomes the disadvantages of manual metering like mistakes in reading, errors of leakage and the pain of hiring huge manpower.
Energy Forecast, Bluetooth, Modbus, Smart Meter
- Weiss M, Mattern F, Graml T, Staake T, Fleisch E. Handy Feedback: Connecting Smart Meters with Mobile Phones, In: 8th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia, Cambridge, United Kingdom, Nov 2009.
- Ren D, Li H, Ji Y. Home Energy Management System for the Residential Load Control based on the Price Prediction, In: Online Conference on Green Communications, New York, 2011 Sep, p. 1−6.
- Benzi F, Anglani N, Bassi E, Frosini L. Electricity Smart Meters Interfacing the Households, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2011 Oct; 58:4487–94.
- Collotta M, Pau G. A Novel Energy Management Approach for Smart Homes Using Bluetooth Low Energy, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 2015 Sep; 33(12):2988−96.
- Kuang YC. Communication between PLC and Arduino Based on Modbus Protocol, Fourth International Conference on Instrumentation and Measurement, Computer, Communication and Control, China, 2014, p.370−73.
- Popa M, Ciocarlie H, Popa AS, Racz MB. Smart Metering for Monitoring Domestic Utilities, In: 14th International Conference on Intelligent Engineering Systems (INES), 2010, p. 55–60.
- Contreras J, Espinola R, Nogales FJ, Conejo AJ. ARIMA Models to Predict Next-Day Electricity Prices, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Las Palmas. 2003 Aug;18:1014−20.
- Choi T, Ko K, Park S, Jang Y, Yoon Y, Im S. Analysis of Energy Savings using Smart Metering System and IHD (In-Home Display), In: Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, Seoul, 2009, p. 1−4
- Tamboli, Sadik, Mallikarjun Rawale, Rupesh Thoraiet, Sudhir Agashe. Implementation of Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP Communication using Siemens S7-1200 PLC for Batch Process, 2015 International Conference on Smart Technologies and Management for Computing Communication Controls Energy and Materials (ICSTM), 2015.
- Hui, Li, Zhang Hao, Peng Daogang. Design and Application of Communication Gateway of EPA and MODBUS on Electric Power System, Energy Procedia, 2012.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.