Total views : 250
A Survey on Live Migration Techniques of Virtual Machines
Objectives: Cloud computing plays an imperative role in development of technology and makes the data available to the worldwide extent. Virtualization and virtual machines helps in enhancing the utility of the cloud computing to its maximum limit. Method: The method of replication of virtual machine in source physical machine to destination physical machine is known as migration of virtual machines. Live migration is a type of migration that deploys pre-copy, post copy, hybrid approach for transferring load. Finding: Load balancing is the foremost problems in data centres which can be handled by migration. This paper focuses on pre-copy approach and makes an investigation of the various pre-copy methods and its implementation. Applications: It helps in improving the utilization of data centres and load management with minimum downtime and no page faults.
Cloud Computing, Live Migration, Load Balancing, Pre-copy Approach, Virtual Machines.
- Shetty J, Anala MR, Shobha G. A survey on techniques of secure live migration of virtual machine. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Feb; 39(12):34–9.
- Guay WL, Reinemo S-A, Johnsen BD, Yen C-H, Skeie T,Lysne O, Tørudbakken O. Early experiences with live migration of SR-IOV enabled InfiniBand. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. 2015 Apr; 78:39–52.
- Singh A, Juneja D, Malhotra M. Autonomous agent based load balancing algorithm in cloud computing. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 45:832–41.
- Divyambika R, Umamakeswari A. Protection of virtual machines during live migration in cloud environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S9):333–9.
- Mallu L, Ezhilarasie R. Live migration of virtual machines in cloud environment: A survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):326–32.
- Lu T, Stuart M, Tang K, He X. Clique migration: Affinity grouping of virtual machines for inter-cloud livemigration.IEEE Computer Society; 2014. p.216–25.
- Live virtual machine migration based on improved pre-copy approach[Internet]. [cited 2010 Jul 16]. Available from:http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5552416/.
- Huang Q, Gao F, Wang R, Zhengwei. Power consumption of virtual machine migration in clouds. 2011 Third International Conference on Communications and Mobile Computing; 2011. p.122–5.
- Elmore AJ, Das S, Agrawal D, El Abbadi A.Zephyr: Live migration in shared nothing databases for elastic cloud platforms.SIGMOD ‘11 Proceedings of the 2011 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of data; 2011. p. 301–12
- Liu H, Xu C-Z, Jin H, Gong J, Liao X. Performance and energy modeling for live migration of virtual machines.Proceedings of the 20thInternational Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing; 2011. p.171–82
- Qiu L, Yang R, Zhang Y. On selfish routing in internet-like environments. Proceedings of the 2003 Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communications SIGCOMM ’03; 2013. p.151– 62.
- Zaw EP, Thein NL. Improved live VM migration using LRU and Splay tree algorithm.International Journal for Computer Science and Telecommunication. 2012 Mar; 3(3):1–7.
- Optimized live migration using NRU and modified clock policy[Internet]. [cited 2015 Apr 16]. Available from: http:// ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7156325/?reload=true&arnumber= 7156325.
- Hines MR, Gopalan K. Post-copy based live virtual machine migration using adaptive pre-paging and dynamic self-ballooning. Proceedings of the 2009 ACM SIGPLAN/ SIGOPS International Conference on Virtual Execution Environments (ACM); 2009. p.51–60.
- Costs of virtual machine live migration: A survey[Internet].[cited 2012 Jun 24]. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6274069/.
- Forsman M, Glad A,Lundberg L, Ilie D. Algorithms for automated live migration of virtual machine. Journal of Systems and Software. 2015 Mar;101:110–26.
- Jin H, Deng L, Wu S, Shi X, Chen H, Pan X. MECOM: Live migration of virtual machines by adaptively compressing memory pages. Future Generation Computer Systems.2014 Sep; 38:23–35.
- Akiyama S, Hirofuchi T. Fast live migration with small I/O performance penalty by exploiting SAN in parallel. Cloud ’14 IEEE Conference on Cloud Computing;2014. p.40–7.
- Live memory migration with matrix bitmap algorithm[Internet].[cited 2010 Aug 16]. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5607439/.
- Performance enhancement in live migration for cloud computing environments[Internet]. [cited 2013 Feb 21]. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6508339/.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.