Total views : 163
Proximity Prestige using Incremental Iteration in Page Rank Algorithm
Background/Objectives: Search engines such as Google uses the indexed results to respond to the user’s query. It also uses ranking algorithm namely Pagerank algorithm to rank the web pages. Ranking mechanism works offline and the value is static. Pagerank algorithm uses uniform probability distribution and Power iteration to rank the web. Though the method is simple and efficient, applying it to large scale is not effective since the computational cost is expensive and the convergence occurs at slower rate. Methods: The proposed work Proximity Prestige algorithm uses degree prestige along with proximity prestige and the calculation method used is Incremental Iteration. In Degree Prestige, a web page has more prestige if it has many in links. Proximity Prestige is defined by the closeness of other web pages that links to that page. It uses non-uniform transition probability for computing the rank vector. Findings: This work enhances the rank of a web page. From this work it is proven that when a page is more close to its home page and if it receives more in links, its rank value increases. Applications: It can be used by the search engines to compute the rank of a web page in accordance with the proximity and the incremental iteration method could be applied in the area where computational cost is expensive.
In Links, Matrix, PageRank, Prestige, Transition Probability.
- Brin S, Page L. The anatomy of a large scale hyper textual web search engine. Computer Network and ISDN Systems.1998 Apr; 30(1–7):107–17.
- Kim SJ, Lee SH. An improved computation of the page rank algorithm. Proceedings of the 24th BCS-IRSG European Colloquium on IR Research: Advances in Information Retrieval; 2002. p. 73–85.
- Liu B. Web data mining, exploring hyperlinks, contents, and usage data. Springer-Verlag New York; 2006.
- Data mining the web uncovering patterns in web content.Structure, and Usage [Internet]. [cited 2006 Jul 17]. Available from: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/ book/10.1002/0470108096.
- Scime A. Web mining applications and techniques. IGI Publishing; 2004 Aug.
- Chakrabarti S. Mining the web - discovering knowledge from hypertext data. Morgan Kaufmann, 1st (Edn); 2002 Oct.
- Kim KS, Choi YS. Incremental iteration method for fast page rank computation. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication; 2015.
- Manning C, Raghavan DP, Schütze H. An introduction to information retrieval. Cambridge University Press; 2008 Jul.
- Praba VL, Vasantha T. Efficient hyperlink analysis using robust proportionate prestige score in page rank algorithm.Applied Soft Computing. 2014 Nov; 24:86–94.
- Kumar NKS, Kumar KK, Rajkumar N, Amsavalli K. Search engine optimization by fuzzy classification and prediction.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1–5.
- Rani SG, Mageswari MAS. Link-click-concept based ranking algorithm for ranking search results. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Oct; 7(10):1712–19.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.