Total views : 135
Signature based Authentication Scheme for Vehicle Ad-hoc Network
Objectives: To embed security inVehicle Ad-Hoc Network(VANET). Methods: Anonymous authentication is achieved using group signature. The current authentication scheme involves a long delay while searching for a particular certificate in the Certificate Revocation List (CRL) and the message security is not ensured. Hence the scheme will not meet the requirement of security in VANETs. Findings: In the proposed scheme, a general authentication scheme is constructed for Vehicular Ad-hoc Network (VANETs) to overcome the aforementioned problem. Road Side Unit (RSA) serves the purpose of allocating the generated public key to the vehicles who come within their communication range. HMAC is deployed to replace the time consuming CRL and the security of the message is ensured using cryptographic algorithm. Application: Vehicle to Vehicle, Vehicle to Road Side Unit.
Certificate Revocation List, Hash Message Authentication Code, Mutual Authentication, Vehicle Ad-hoc Network.
- Guo J, Baugh JP, Wang S. A group signature based secure and privacy-preserving vehicular communication framework.Proceeding Mobile Network Vehicle Environment, Anchorage, AK, USA; 2007 May. p. 103–8.
- Wasef A, Shen X. EMAP: Expedite Message Authentication Protocol for vehicular ad hoc networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2013 Jan; 12(1):78–89.
- Sun Y, Lu R, Lin X, Shen X, Su J. An efficient pseudonymous authentication scheme with strong privacy preservation for vehicular communications. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2010 Sep; 59(7):3589–603.
- Zhang L, Wu Q, Solanas A, Domingo-Ferrer J. A scalable robust authentication protocol for secure vehicular communications.IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology.2010 May; 59(4):1606–17.
- Raya M, Hubaux JP. Securing vehicular ad hoc networks.Journal of Computer Security. 2007 Jan; 15(1):39–68.
- Lee SB, Pan G, Park JS, Gerla M, Lu S. Secure incentives for commercial ad dissemination in vehicular networks.Proceedings of the 8th ACM international symposium on Mobile ad hoc networking and computing USA; 2007. p.150–9.
- Zhang C, Lu R, Lin X, Ho PH, Shen X. An efficient identity based batch verification scheme for vehicular sensor networks. IEEE Communications Society subject matter experts for publication in the IEEE INFOCOM 2008 Proceedings; 2008. p. 816–24.
- Malik A, Pandey B. Performance analysis of various data collection schemes used in VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.