Total views : 169
Multilevel Threshold Secret Sharing Scheme to Secure MapReduce Computations in Cloud Computing Environment
Objectives: Cloud computing has evolved in recent days and is applied in various fields for effective resources and infrastructure in a distributed environment. Data analysis is the core functionality in cloud computing where large amount of data called Big Data is processed over clusters. Methods: MapReduce is one of the solutions for handling big data in the cloud environment because of its scalability and fault tolerance in a phased manner. Multiple data sets are joined to do complex data analysis for computation on certain aggregates. A common problem is whether MapReduce could be customized to get a scalable system, when the jobs are split and reduced. Also most of the systems do not consider the issue of security in MapReduce phases. Findings: The proposed solution uses multilevel threshold secret sharing to perform MapReduce operations providing secure processing. The solution extends MapReduce framework to improve security and also results in higher efficiency. The mechanism presents lower overhead costs when compared to the existing ones and has essential application in Big Data cloud environment. Applications: These approaches are lower cost and higher efficiency in cloud environment.
Big Data, Cloud Computing, MapReduce, Security.
- Dean J, Ghemawat S. MapReduce: Simplified data processing on large clusters. Magazine Communications of the ACM. 2008 Jan; 51(1):107–13.
- Yang HC, Dasdan A, Hsiao RL, Parker DS. MapReduceMerge: Simplified relational data processing on large clusters. Proceeding of ACM SIGMOD Int’l Conf Management of Data (SIGMOD ’07); 2007 Jun. p. 1029–40.
- DeWitt D, Paulson E, Robinson E, Naughton J, Royalty J, Shankar S, Krioukov A. Clustera: An integrated computation and data management system. Proceeding VLDB Endowment. 2008 Aug; 1(1):28–41.
- Thusoo A, Sarma JS, Jain N, Shao Z, Chakka P, Anthony S, Liu H, Wychoff P, Murthy R. Hive - A warehousing solution over a MapReduce framework. Proc VLDB Endowment.2009 Aug; 2(2):1626–9.
- Olston C, Reed B, Srivastava U, Kumar R, Tomkins A.Pig Latin: A not-so-foreign language for data processing.Proceeding of ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD ’08); 2008 Jun. p. 1099– 110.
- DeWitt D, Gray J. Parallel database systems: The future of high performance database systems. Communications of the ACM. 1992 Jun; 35(6):85–98.
- DeWitt DJ, Gerber RH, Graefe G, Heytens ML, Kumar KB, Muralikrishna M. Gamma - A high performance dataflow database machine. Proceeding 12th International Conference Very Large Data Bases; 1986. p. 228–37.
- Fushimi S, Kitsuregawa M, Tanaka H. An overview of the system software of a parallel relational database machine grace. Proceeding 12th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases; 1986 Jan. p. 209–19.
- Pavlo A, Paulson E, Rasin A, Abadi DJ, Dewitt DJ, Madden S, Stonebraker M. A comparison of approaches to large scale data analysis. Proceeding 35th SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD ’09); 2009 Jun. p. 165–78.
- Karthick N, Agnes Kalarani X. An improved method for handling and extracting useful information from Big Data.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(33):1–7.
- Irudayasamy A, Arockiam L. Parallel bottom-up generalization approach for data anonymization using MapReduce for security of data in public cloud. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):1–9.
- Hsieh MY, Lin HY, Lai CF, Li KC. Secure protocols for data propagation and group communication in vehicular networks.EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking; 2011 Nov. p. 1–16.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.