Total views : 171
Particle Swarm Optimization and Discrete Wavelet Transform based Robust Image Watermarking
Objectives: Watermarking technique on digital images with improved robustness and with optimum results can be achieved by using the intelligent technique Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO). Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT) is used to uncover perceptually significant coefficients from the digital image. Methods: PSO is one amongst the efficient techniques in optimizing a problem having many numbers of candidates. This robust technique consists of two stages namely embedding and extraction stages. Insertion of watermark into the image is done at the embedding stage. Before embedding watermark into the image perform DWT and select any one of the bands LL, LH, HL and HH. Initially select the coefficients randomly and the optimal DWT coefficients for embedding the watermark at various positions are identified by PSO. Findings: In watermark extraction stage, the embedded watermark is identified by doing the reverse process. Robustness of the digital image watermarks implies the strength of the watermark against various image processing attacks and this can be checked by evaluating Cross Correlation value that is Normalized (NCC) and for fidelity Peak Signal to Noise Ratio (PSNR). It is evident that the robustness of the image is well maintained by this technique. As a further improvement any of the other intelligent technique namely Ant Colony Optimization can be used for optimization evaluation. Applications: Digital image watermarking plays a vital role in copyright infringement issues and it helps in predicting the authorized user by the digital signature that is watermarked in the image.
Discrete Wavelet Transform, Fidelity, NCC, Particle Swarm Optimization, PSNR, Robustness, Watermarking.
- Surekha P, Sumathi S. Implementation of Genetic Algorithm for a DWT based image watermarking scheme. ICTACT Journal on Soft Computing: Special Issue on Fuzzy in Industrial and Process Automation. 2011 Jul; 2(1):244–52.
- Agrawal P, Khurshid AA. Novel invisible watermarking for various images using HWT- GA-PSO based hybrid optimization.International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013 Aug; 3(8):1093–101.
- Ziabari SSM, Atani RE, Keyghobad K, Riazi A. The optimized image watermarking using Genetic Algorithm.Current Trends in Technology and Science. 2013; 2(6):359– 63.
- Nanammal V, Abirami BM, Venugopalakrishnan J. VLSI based design of an efficient hybrid watermarking scheme for multimedia content protection. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–8.
- Chaudhry A, Sikandar B, Ishtiaq M. Genetic swarm based robust image watermarking. Proceedings of the 7th ICUIMC International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication; 2013 Jan.
- Singh P, Khokhar S. Wavelet based image watermarking using PSO: A survey. International Journal of Innovations and Advancement in Computer Science. 2014 Apr; 3(2):42– 51.
- Popovici E, Winston E. A framework for co-optimization algorithm performance and its application to worst-case optimization. Theoretical Computer Science. 2015 Feb; 567:46–73.
- Sridevi T, Sameema Fatima S. Watermarking algorithm using Genetic Algorithm and HVS. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013 Jul; 74(13):26–30.
- Bramara Neelima K, Saravanan T. Sample image watermarking study. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Nov; 8(31):1–5.
- Waleed J, Jun HD, Abbas T, Hameed S, Hatem H. A survey of digital image watermarking optimization based on Nature Inspired Algorithms NIAs. International Journal of Security and its Applications. 2014; 8(6):315–34.
- Jagadeesh B, Praveen Kumar D. Fuzzy-neuro based robust digital image watermarking technique. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2014 Jul; 3(7):7380–5.
- Ramalingam M, Isa NAM. Video steganography based on Integer Haar Wavelet Transforms for Secured Data Transfer. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jul; 7(7):897–904.
- Singh Kalra GS, Talwar R, Sadawarti H. Comparative analysis of blind digital image watermarking utilising dual encryption technique in frequency domains. World Journal of Computer Application and Technology. 2013 Sep; 1(2):35–40.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.