Total views : 188
Selection of Effective Platform for Reviews by Fuzzy TOPSIS Method
Objectives: User review is recognized as an effective way to promote a product or service. These reviews may be presents in different platforms such as blog, review site, social networking site, and messaging instance site. Methods: Selection of the best platform among different alternatives is called as Multi Criteria Decision Analysis/Method (MCDM) method. Objective is to select an effective platform for review. Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) is used for ranking and determines effective platform for reviews. It uses multiple criteria for making decision. In this research, the Fuzzy Technique for Order of Preference by Similarity to Ideal Solution (TOPSIS) method is used which improves the quality of decision making for ranking alternative. Findings: When comparing with Fuzzy AHP method Fuzzy TOPSIS has an adequacy to include and exclude the criteria and alternative, which may change over a period of time. There is no restriction in number of criteria when we use the Fuzzy TOPSIS method. For future enhancements of this project can be done by using either fuzzy Analytic Network Process (ANP) or Aggregated Indices Randomization Method (AIRM) or can use hybrid method combination of any MCDM technique to rank the platform for product review. Applications: Fuzzy TOPSIS is useful for movie and product review and also we can apply this technique in uncertain situation.
electronic Word Of Mouth (eWOM), Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), Fuzzy Scale, Fuzzy Technique for Order of Preference by Similarity to Ideal Solution (TOPSIS), Multi Criteria Decision Analysis/Method (MCDM), VIKOR.
- Mehmet Kabak, Serhatbumaoglu, Yigit Kazancoglu. A Fuzzy Hybrid MCDM Approach for Professional Selection, Expert Systems with Applications. 2012 Feb; 39(3):3516−25.
- Siew-Hong, Ding, Shahrulkamaruddin. Selection of Optimal Maintenance Policy by using Fuzzy Multi Criteria Decision Making Method. Internationals Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management; 2012 Jul. p. 435−43.
- Gokhan Torlak, Mehmet Sevki, Mehmet Sanal, Selim Zaim. Analysing Business Competition by using Fuzzy TOPSIS Method: An Example of Turkish Domestic Airline Industry, Expert System with Application. 2011 Apr; 38(4):3396−406.
- Golam Kabir, Ahsan Akhtar Hasin M. Comparative Analysis of TOPSIS and Fuzzy TOPSIS for Evaluation of Travel Website Service, International Journal for Quality Research.2012; 6(3):169−85.
- Mastafa Batuhan Ayhan. A Fuzzy AHP Approach for Supplier Selection Problem: A Case Study in a Gear Motor Company, International Journal of Managing Value and Supply Chains. 2013 Sep; 4(3):11−23.
- Francisco Rodrigues Lima Junior, Lauroosrio, Luiz Ceaser Riberiocarpinetti. A Comparison between Fuzzy AHP and Fuzzy TOPSIS Method to Supplier Selection, Applied Soft Computing. 2014 Aug; 21:194−209.
- Phanarutsrichetta, Wannasiri Thurachon. Apply Fuzzy Analytic Process to Evaluate and Select Product of Notebook Computer, International Journal of Modeling and Optimization. 2012 Apr; 2(2):168−73.
- Chung-Jen Chen, Chin-Chen Hung. Multiple Criteria Evaluation of High-Tech Industries Park Industries for Science-Based Industrial Park in Taiwan, Information and management. 2004 Sep; 41(7):839−51.
- Ozgurcatak F, Servet Kardbas, Serkan Yildirim. Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy based DBMS Selection in Turkish National Identity Card Management Project, International Journal of Information Science and Technique. 2012 Jul; 2(4):29−38.
- Hota HS Sirigiri Pavani, Gangadhar PVSS. Evaluating Teacher Ranking using Fuzzy AHP Technique, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering. 2013 Jan; 2(6):485−88.
- Wenjing Duan, Din Gu, Andrew B Whinston. Do Online Review Matters? An Empirical Investigation of Panel Data, Decision Support System. 2008 Nov; 45(4):1007−16.
- Amudhavel J, Giri Sruthy, Padmashree D, Pazhani Raja N, Saleem Basha MS, Bhuvaneswari B. A Comprehensive Analysis on Multi Agent Decision Making System, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1−5.
- Moayeri M, Shahvarani A, Behzadi MH, HosseinzadehLotfi F. Comparison of Fuzzy AHP and Fuzzy TOPSIS Methods for Math Teachers Selection, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(13):1−10.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.