Total views : 237
A Review on Prediction of Stock Market using Various Methods in the Field of Data Mining
Objectives: In the current emerging competitive market, predicting the stock returns as well as the company’s financial status in advance will provide more benefits for the investors in order to invest confidently. Stock prediction can be done by using the current and previous data available on the market. Methods: The performance metrics that need to be attained in case of stock prediction are accuracy, scalability and less time consumption. There are many researches done so far in order to predict the stock market to achieve the defined metrics. Many models have been available in the field of data mining for predicting the stock market such as if-then-else rules, Artificial Neural Network (ANN), Fuzzy systems, Bayesian algorithm and so on. Findings: In this paper, the various methods available and used for predicting the stock market are discussed. This survey helps to know which technique is the best to use in the field of predicting stock market in the area of mining. Applications: Forecasting and predicting the trends of market is the most important applications of stock market. It also uncovers the future market behavior which always helps the investors to understand when and what stocks can be purchased for the growth of their investment. For this reasons, many of the researches have been done so far in the area of analyzing the stock market using data mining.
Data Mining, Methodologies, Prediction, Review, Stock Market.
- Zhang X, Hu Y, Xie K, Wang S, Ngai EWT, Liu M. A causal feature selection algorithm for stock prediction modeling.Neurocomputing. 2014 Oct; 142:48–59.
- Altinbas H, Biskin OT. Selecting macroeconomic influencers on stock markets by using feature selection algorithms.Procedia Economics and Finance. 2015 Nov; 30:22–9.
- Ni LP, Ni ZW, Gao YZ. Stock trend prediction based on fractal feature selection and support vector machine. Expert Systems with Applications. 2011 May; 38(5):5569–76.
- de Oliveira FA, Nobre CN, Zárate LE. Applying ANNs to prediction of stock price and improvement of the directional prediction index – case study of PETR4, Petrobras, Brazil. Expert Systems with Applications. 2013 Dec; 40(18):7596–606.
- Nayak SC, Misra BB, Behera HS. ACRO of neural networks for efficient prediction of stock market indices. Ain Shams Engineering Journals. 2015 Oct 3.
- Chandar SK, Sumathi M, Sivanandam SN. Prediction of stock market price using hybrid of wavelet transform and ANN. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(8):1–5.
- Egeli B, Ozturan M, Badur B. Stock market prediction using ANNs. Proceedings of the 3rd Hawaii International Conference on Business. Hawai; 2003.
- Kamley, Jaloree S, Thakur RS. Long term and short term investment strategy for predicting the performance of BSE using MLP model. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):1–9.
- Enke D, Grauer M, Mehdiyev N. Stock market prediction with multiple regression, fuzzy type-2 clustering and neural networks. Procedia Computer Science. 2011 Dec; 6:201–6.
- Prediction of S&P 500 and DJIA Stock indices using PSO Technique [Internet]. 2008 [cited 2008 Jun 1]. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4630960/.
- Jamous RA. Modifications of PSO techniques and its application on stock market: a survey. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications. 2015 Mar; 6(3):1–10.
- Mohapatra P, Das S, Patra TK, Anirudh M. Stock volatility forecasting using swarm optimized hybrid network.International Journal of Emerging Trends and Technology in Computer Science (IJETTCS). 2013 May–Jun; 2(3):78– 85.
- Tiwari S, Pandit R, Richhariya V. Predicting future trends in stock market by DT rough-set based hybrid system with HHMM. International Journal of Electronics and Computer Science Engineering. 2012; 1(3):1578–87.
- Lai RK, Fan CY, Huang WH, Chang PC. Evolving and clustering fuzzy DT for financial time series data forecasting.Expert Systems with Applications. 2009 Mar; 36(2):3761– 73.
- Naik RL, Ramesh D, Manjula B, Govardhan A. Prediction of stock market index using genetic algorithm. computer Engineering and Intelligent Systems. 2012; 3(7):162–71.
- Agrawal S, Jindal M, Pillai GN. Momentum analysis based stock market prediction using Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System (ANFIS). Proceedings of International Multi conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists.2010 Mar; 1:1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.