Total views : 152
An Energy Efficiency Routing Scheme using Cluster Technique for Multi-Path Network in WMSN
Objectives: Wireless multimedia sensor network is one of the important sensors used to sense and transfer multimedia data in the network topology. We know that the multimedia data occupies more memory. Methods: The existing system of communication topology took the Quality of Service (QoS) as a metric and met the metrics like reliability, throughput and error rates. They used routing protocols like Multi-path and Multi-speed (MMSPEED) and Energy aware Multi-path and Multi-speed (EAMMSPEED) for the transmission of multimedia data. The data is prioritized which based on the important parts and they are sent through the network via multi-path routing. But during high traffic loads the multi-path routing does not fulfil communications effectively. Findings: A novel approach is employed to reduce the traffic loads by using multi-path routing based on clustering. Clustering technique is suitable for static network. The implementing technique will focusing on how to reduce the traffic loads in the network and also how to make the consumption of energy in further efficient manner. With the help of clustering technique, we can able to satisfy the desired QoS which effectively needed. Applications: Nowadays mostly wireless multimedia sensor networks are deployed to measure the temperature, humidity, pressure. It is also used in military and civil applications.
Energy Efficiency, Multipath Routing, Quality of Service (QoS), Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks.
- Akyildiz IF, Melodia T, Chowdury KR. Wireless multimedia sensor networks: a survey. Computer Networks. 2006 Oct; 51(2007):921–60.
- Parvathi C, Suresha. Existing routing protocols for wireless sensor network a study. International Journal of Computational Engineering Research (IJCER). 2014 Jul; 4(7):8–27.
- Felemban E, Lee CG, Ekici E. MMSPEED: Multipath Multi-Speed Protocol for QoS guarantee of reliability and timeliness in wireless sensor networks. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2006 Jun; 5(6):738–54.
- Yahya B, Othman JB. Energy efficient and QoS based routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. 2010 Aug; 70(8):849–57.
- Macit M, Gungor VC, Tuna G. Comparison of QoS-aware single-path vs. multi-path routing protocols for image transmission in wireless multimedia sensor networks. Ad Hoc Networks. 2014 Aug; 19:132–41.
- Felemban E, Lee C, Ekici E. MMSPEED: Multi-path Multi-Speed protocol for QoS guarantee of reliability and timeliness in wireless sensor networks. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2006 Jun; 5(6):738–54.
- Yarvis MD, Conner WS, Krishnamurthy L, Chhabra J, Elliott B, Mainwaring A. Real-world experiences with an interactive ad hoc sensor network. Proceeding of International Conference on Parallel Processing Workshops; 2002 Feb. p.1–9.
- Kordafshari MS, Pourkabirian A, Faez K, Rahimabadi AM.Energy efficient speed routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. In Proceeding of the Fifth Advanced International Conference on Telecommunications; 2009. p. 267–71.
- Sharma S, Kumar S. Cluster based multipath routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. 2015 Apr; 45(2):15–20.
- Mohammadi R, Ghaffari A. Optimizing reliability through network coding in wireless multimedia sensor network.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(9):835–41.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.