Total views : 136
Averting Techniques of Black-Hole Attack –A Survey
Objectives: To identify the black-hole attack. The Ad hoc is a self-configuring network it can be configured at anytime and anywhere without pre-defined infrastructure due to unique characteristics. Methods: Black hole is a traffic relaying attack in network layer. The intermediate node involves in forwarding a message to the destination in Multi-hop ad hoc network. These nodes will launch black hole attack to conserve its resource or to perform attacks that reduce the network performance. This attack is carried by the interposed node instead of forwarding the packets this node will carry the action of dropping packets. Findings: We can avoid this attack by using cryptography methods like symmetric encryption, asymmetric encryption and non-cryptography methods like IDS (Intrusion Detection System). This attack can also be avoided by clustering method where we can also reduce the cost. Applications: Many researchers have been carried out for the detection of black hole attack. In this paper we are going to discuss different techniques given for averting the black-hole attack.
Adhoc Network, Black Hole, Intrusion Detection System (IDS), RREP, RREQ.
- Deng H, Li W, Agrawal DP. Routing Security in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2002; 52(6):227–33.
- Tamilselvan L, Sankaranarayanan V. Prevention of Blackhole Attack in MANET, IEEE. 2007; 21 pp.
- Baadache A, Belmehdi A. Avoiding Black hole and Cooperative Black hole Attacks in Wireless Ad hoc Networks. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security. 2010; 7(1):10–6.
- Sachan P, Khilar PM. Securing AODV Routing Protocol in MANET based on Cryptographic Authentication Mechanism. International Journal of Network Security and Its Applications. 2011; 3(5):229.
- Maheshwar K, Singh D. Black Hole Effect Analysis and Prevention through IDS in MANET Environment.European Journal of Applied Engineering and Scientific Research. 2012; 1(4):84–90.
- Singh S, Sharma S, Sahu S. Secure AODV using Symmetric Key Cryptography with Cyclic Chain Hash Function.International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012; 47(18):34–9.
- Dangore MY, Sambare SS. Detecting And Overcoming Blackhole Attack In Aodv Protocol. International Conference on Cloud and Ubiquitous Computing and Emerging Technologies. 2013; 77–82.
- Kaur NS, Arora SK. Analysis of Black Hole Effect and Prevention through IDS in MANET. American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER). 2103; 2(10):214–20.
- Chatterjee N, Mandal JK. Detection of Blackhole Behaviour using Triangular Encryption in NS2. 1 st International Conference on Computational Intelligence: Modeling Techniques and Applications. 2013; 10:524–29.
- Kumar SBM, Benni NKS. Cryptographic Approach to Overcome Black Hole Attack in MANETs. International Journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology.2013; 2(3):86–92.
- Gajera M, Sowmya KS. Prevention of Black Hole Attack in Secure Routing Protocol. International Journal of Science and Research. 2013; 2(6):221–24.
- Kshirsagar D, Patil A. Blackhole Attack Detection and Prevention by Real Time Monitoring, IEEE. 2013; 1–5.
- Baadache A, Belmehdi A. Struggling against simple and cooperative black hole attacks in multi-hop wireless ad hoc networks. Computer Network. 2014; 73:173–84.
- Singh G, Singh G. Detection and Prevention Of Black Hole using Clustering In MANET using Ns2. International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science. 2014; 3(8):7420–42.
- Arya KV, Rajput SS. Securing AODV Routing Protocol in MANET using NMAC with HBKS Technique. International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks.2014; 281–85.
- Madhura SD, Ramesh B. Detection of Black Hole for Improving Efficiency of MANET using Energy-based Clustering. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology. 2015; 4(10):3.
- Casado LS, Fernandez GM, Teodoro PG, Carrion RM. A model of data forwarding in MANETs for lightweight detection of malicious packet dropping. Computer Network.2015; 87:44–58.
- Kumar KV, Somasundaram K. An Effective CBHDAP Protocol for Black Hole Attack Detection in Manet. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(36):1–11.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.