Total views : 266
Inter-Cell Interference Mitigation Techniques in Long Term Evolution Networks: A Survey
Objectives: This paper gives survey of different techniques and the overview of how the bandwidth is dispensed to the users at the major/edge regions and minor/center regions .It also gives an overview of how the power is dispensed to the users at minor group and major group regions Methods: ICIC has one of the schemes which is based on reusing the frequency called as Fractional Frequency Reuse (FFR). There are different techniques of FFR. They are Partial Frequency Reuse (PFR), Soft Frequency Reuse (SFR) and Soft Fractional Frequency Reuse (SFFR). Findings: In this survey it is found that, the different techniques of FFR gives different throughput and it is also found that SFFR scheme gives the highest throughput when compared with others. Applications: The different techniques of FFR can be used in LTE (Long Term Evolution) based networks. The users will get benefitted based on different power allocations. The real time applications of this technique can be seen in 4G networks.
Fractional Frequency Reuse (FFR), Inter-Cell Interference (ICI), Partial Frequency Reuse (PFR), Soft Fractional Frequency Reuse (SFFR), Soft Frequency Reuse (SFR).
- Jang HC, Wend WD. Interference Management using Frequency Reuse and CoMP for LTE-Advanced Networks.IEEE 7th International Conference on Ubiqutious and Future Network. 2015. p. 740–45.
- Zhiyong QIN, Zhong Z, Xu R, Bai G. System Performance of Soft Frequency Reuse in LTE Railway Networks. 11th International Conference on Signal Processing. 2012.
- Wang P, Liu C, Mathar R. Dynamic Fractional Frequency Reused Proportional Fair in Time and Frequency Scheduling in OFDMA Networks. Proceedings of 8th International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS ’11). 2011; 745–49.
- Perez DL, Juttner A, Zhang J. Dynamic Frequency Planning Versus Frequency Reuse Schemes in OFDMA Networks.IEEE. 2009; 1566–70.
- Debbabi N, Kammoun I, Siala M. Performance Optimization of Amplify- and-Forward Relaying Schemes for Uplink OFDMA Communications. Third International Conference on Communications and Networking, Hammamet. 2012.p. 1–7.
- Noor Shahida MK, Nordin R, Ismail M. Power Allocation for Dynamic Fractional Frequency Reuse (DFFR) in Downlink LTE-A System. 21st Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC), Kyoto. 2015. p. 12–6.
- Asvial M, Dewandaru G, Rachman AN. Modification of Round Robin and Best Cqi Scheduling Method For 3gpp Lte Down- Link. Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering. 2015; 6(2):130–38.
- Bechir N, Nasreddine M, Mahmoud A, Walid H, Soffen M.Novel Scheduling Algorithm for 3GPP Downlink LTE Cellular Network. Procedia Computer Science. 2014; 40:116–22.
- Habaebi MH, Chebil J, Al-Sakkaf AG, Dahawi TH.Comparison between scheduling techniques in long term evolution. IIUM Engineering Journal. 2013; 14(1).
- Yu Y, Dutkiewicz E, Huang X, Mueck M. Load Distribution Aware Soft Frequency Reuse for Inter-cell Interference Mitigation and Throughput Maximization in LTE Networks.IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Kyoto. 2011. p. 67–76.
- Novlan TD, Ganti RG, Jerey AG, Andrews G. Analytical Evaluation of Fractional Frequency Reuse for OFDMA Cellular Networks. IEEE Transactions On Wireless Communications. 2011; 10(12):1–25.
- Zhou Y, Liu L, Du H, Tian L, Wang X, Shi J. An Overview on Intercell Interference Management in Mobile Cellular Networks: from 2G to 5G, IEEE, 2014, IEEE International Conference, Macau. 2014. p. 217–21.
- Chen J, Wang P, Zhang J. Adaptive Soft Frequency Reuse Scheme for In building Dense Femtocell Networks. IEEE China Communication. 2012; 10(1):44–55.
- Yassin M, Dirani Y, Ibrahim M, Lahoud S, Mezher D, Cousin B. A Novel Dynamic Inter-Cell Interference Coordination Technique for LTE Networks, IEEE. IEEE 26th Annual International Symposium, Hong Kong. 2015; 1380–85.
- Safdar H, Fisal N, Ullah R. Distributed Resource Allocation for Spatially Distributed Irregular Cells, IEEE, IEEE 2nd International Symposium on Telecommunication Technologies (ISTT), Langkawi. 2014; 278–82.
- Thampi A, Armour S, Fan Z, Kaleshi D. A Logistic Regression Approach to Location Classification in OFDMA-based FFR Systems, IEEE. 2013 IEEE 14th International Symposium and Workshops on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM), Madrid. 2013; 1–9.
- Tsolkas D, Passas N, Merakos L. Enabling device discovery transmissions in LTE networks with fractional frequency reuse. Computer Networks. 2015; 89:149–60.
- Chung YH, Chang CJ. A Coordination Based Resource Management Scheme with QoS Provisioning for Multicell OFDMA Downlink Systems, IEEE. 2014 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), Nicosia. 2014. p. 907–12.
- Wang H, Wan C. Resource Optimization Based Interference Management: Soft Frequency-Time Reuse. 2015 6th IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science (ICSESS), Beijing. 2015. p. 949–53.
- Xie Z, Walke B. Resource Allocation and Reuse for Inter-Cell Interference mitigation in OFDMA based Communications Networks. The 5th Annual ICST Wireless Internet Conference (WICON), Singapore. 2010. p. 1–6.
- 4G++: Advanced Performance Boosting Techniques in 4th Generation Wireless Systems. Available from: http://4gppproject.net/attachments/section/4/WP4_ICIC_v3.pdf.DateAccessed:28/02/2011.
- Afroz F, Sandrasegaran K, Kim H A. Interference Management In Lte Downlink Networks. International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Networks (IJWMN). 2015; 7(1):91–106.
- Harrison K, Ranade G. Dynamic Fractional Frequency Reuse in OFDMA systems. EE 224B Final Project Spring.2010; 1–9.
- Singh V, Kaur G. Inter-Cell Interference Avoidance Techniques in OFDMA based Cellular Networks: A Survey. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Engineering Research (IJETER). 2015 Jul; 1(1):1–7.
- Kimura D, Seki H. Inter-Cell Interference Coordination (ICIC) Technology. FUJITSU science and Technology Journal. 2012; 48(1):89–94.
- Selim MM. Enhanced Techniques for interference management in LTE femtocell networks, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology. 2012.
- Selim MM, Khamy ME, Sharkawy ME. Enhanced Frequency Reuse Schemes for Interference Management in LTE Femtocell Networks. International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS), Paris. 2012; 326–30.
- Xie Z, Walke B. Frequency Reuse Techniques for Attaining both Coverage and High Spectral Efficiency in OFDMA Cellular Systems. IEEE Wireless Communication and Networking Conference, Sydney, Australia. 2010. p. 1–6.
- Chen L, Yuan D. Enhanced Fractional Frequency Reuse for Large-Scale OFDMA Networks with Heterogeneous Cell Layout: Optimization and Performance Evaluation, IEEE.2010.
- Chang RY, Tao Z, Zhang J, Kuo CCJ. A Graph Approach to Dynamic Fractional Frequency Reuse (FFR) in Multi-Cell OFDMA Networks, IEEE. 2009; 1–8.
- Yasin M, Aboulhassan M, Lahoud S, Ibrahim M, Mezher D, Cousin B, Sourour E. Survey of ICIC Techniques in LTE Networks under various Mobile Environment Parameters.2015; 1–30.
- Novlan TD, Ganti RK, Andrews JD. A New Model for Coverage with Fractional Frequency Reuse in OFDMA Cellular Networks. Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 2011), IEEE, Houston, TX, USA. 2011. p. 1–5.
- Novlan TD, Ganti RK, Andrews JG, Ghosh A.Comparison of Fractional Frequency Reuse Approaches in the OFDMA Cellular Downlink, Conference: Global Telecommunications. 2011 Jan. p. 1–5.
- Kwan R, Leung C. A Survey of Scheduling and Interference Mitigation in LTE Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2010 May; 2010:1–10.
- Khan F. LTE for 4G Mobile Broadband: Air Interface Technologies and Performance, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, USA. 2009.
- Generalizing FFR by Flexible Sub-band Allocation in OFDMA Networks with Irregular Cell Layout.Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/ publication/224146622_Generalizing_FFR_by_Flexible_ Sub_Band_Allocation_in_OFDMA_Networks_with_ Irregular_Cell_Layout. Date Accessed: 05/2010.
- Kwon YM, Lee OK, Lee JY, Chung MY. Power Control for Soft Fractional Frequency Reuse in OFDMA System, Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2010 Mar; 63–71.
- Fractional Frequency Reuse (FFR) and FFR-Based Scheduling in OFDMA Systems. Available from: http:// ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5629810/?reload=true&arn umber=5629810. Date Accessed: 29/10/2010.
- A Hybrid Inter-cell Interference Mitigation Scheme for OFDMA System. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/ abstract/document/4737267/. Date Accessed: 19/11/2008.
- Bandwidth Partitioning and SINR Threshold Design Analysis of Fractional Frequency Reuse. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6487930/?reload=tru e&arnumber=6487930. Date Accessed: 15/02/2013.
- A New Model for Coverage with Fractional Frequency Reuse in OFDMA Cellular Networks. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6133759/.Date Accessed: 05/12/2011.
- Kumar S, Kalyani S, Giridhar K. Optimal design parameters for coverage probability in fractional frequency reuse and soft frequency reuse. IET Communications. 2015 Feb; 9(10):1324–31.
- Resource Allocation and Reuse for Inter-Cell Interference Mitigation in OFDMA based Communication Networks.Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/545 2648/?reload=true&arnumber=5452648. Date Accessed: 01/03/2010.
- Performance Analysis of Reuse Partitioning Techniques in OFDMA based CellularRadio Networks. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/5478753/.Date Accessed: 04/04/2010.
- Enhancing Cell-Edge Performance: A Downlink Dynamic Interference Avoidance Scheme with Inter-Cell Coordination. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/ document/5441362/. Date Accessed: 15/04/2010.
- Ali NA, El-Dakroury MA, El-Soudani M, ElSayed HM, Daoud RM, Amer HH. New hybrid frequency reuse method for packet loss minimization in LTE network. Journal of Advanced Research. 2015 Nov; 6(6):949–55.
- Efficient Adaptive Frequency Partitioning in OFDMA Downlink with Fractional Frequency Reuse. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6146189/.Date Accessed: 7/12/2011.
- Inter-cell Interference Coordination using Coordinated Inter-cell Interference Power Control in Uplink. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6723958/. Date Accessed: 16/12/2013.
- Inter-cell Interference Coordination Using Frequency Block Dependent Transmission Power Control and PF Scheduling in Non-orthogonal Access with SIC for Cellular ment/6723924/?reload=true&arnumber=6723924. Date Accessed: 16/12/2013.
- Non-orthogonal Access with SIC Using Inter-cell Interference Coordination Based on Coordinated Power Control for Cellular Uplink. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/ document/7023005/. Date Accessed: 18/05/2014.
- Analysis and Comparison of Fractional Frequency Reuse Schemes Based on Worst Case Signal to Interference Power Ratio in OFDMA Uplink. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6835023/?reload=true&arnumber=683 5023. Date Accessed: 09/04/2014.
- Generalized Frequency Reuse Schemes for OFDMA Networks: Optimization and Comparison. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/5493830/.Date Accessed: 16/05/2010.
- Cho CH, Kim SY, Lee HW. Analytical Evaluation of Call Admission Control for SFR-Based LTE Systems. ICNS 2014: The Tenth International Conference on Networking and Services. 2014 Apr. p. 69–73.
- Kumar S, Kalyani S. Impact of Correlated Interferers on Coverage and Rate of FFR and SFR Schemes. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2016 Jan; 65(1):434–40.
- Uplink Analysis for FFR and SFR in Composite Fading. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/ document/6362544/. Date Accessed: 09/09/2012.
- Xie Z, Walke B. Enhanced Fractional Frequency Reuse to Increase Capacity of OFDMA Systems. NTMS’09 Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security. 2009. p. 234–38.
- Nistala S, Subashini S. An Effective Scheduling Algorithm for MIMO Systems in Long Term Evolution Networks.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(24):1–6.
- IEEE 802.16 Broadband. Available from: http://www.ieee802.org/16/. Date Accessed: 06/07/2016.
- Kim D, Ahn JY, Kim H. Downlink Transmit Power Allocation in Soft Fractional Frequency Reuse Systems.ETRI Journal. 2011 Feb; 33(1):1–5.
- Ikuno J, Wrulich M, Rupp M. System Level Simulation of LTE Networks. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference.2010 Jun. p. 1–5.
- A Fairness-based Performance Evaluation of Fractional Frequency Reuse in LTE. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6780673/. Date Accessed: 13/03/2013.
- Radhakrishnan S, Neduncheliyan S, Thyagharajan KK. A Review of Downlink Packet Scheduling Algorithms for Real Time Traffic in LTE-Advanced Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4):1–5.
- Vijayshree JC, Palanivelu TG. Long Term Evolution of Uplink QoS Enhancement in Wireless Communication Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(20):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.