Total views : 224
Secure Data Aggregation for Wireless Sensor Network using Lightweight Cryptography
Objectives: A reliable and effective data communication is required without imposing overheads in terms of energy, communication costs, processing and the network latency. Data aggregation is the process which provides capabilities like In-Network processing, reducing the communication overhead, eliminating redundant packet transmissions and increases the lifetime of the network. Methods: A method for implementing secure data aggregation using Lightweight Cryptographic primitives is proposed which is suitable for resource constrained networks. Security services provided include authentication, integrity and confidentiality. A Lightweight Cryptography algorithm SPECK is used for encryption and decryption of the aggregated data. Instead of using the same key repeatedly an unique key is generated for every session. Findings: By implementing security primitives it is possible to provide basic services that are required to make the established network immune to attacks. The proposed method is analysed in terms of execution time, memory usage and throughput and provides better results in comparison to existing standard encryption algorithms. Application/Improvement: It is very well suited for application in which the data needs to be processed periodically and continuously. The future scope of work includes analyzing the scalability and communication overhead for large network of nodes and Homomorphic evaluation of the algorithm to deliver end-to-end security services.
Lightweight cryptography, SPECK, Secure Data Aggregation, Wireless Sensor Network.
- Akkaya K, Demirbas M, Aygun RS. the impact of data aggregation on the performance of wireless sensor networks. Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing. 2008 Feb; 8(2):171–93.
- Sasirekha S, Swamynathan S. A comparitive study and analysis of data aggregation techniques in WSN. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(26):1–10.
- Ozdemir S, Xiao Y. Secure data aggregation in wireless sensor networks: A comprehensive overview. Computer Networks. 2009 Aug; 53(12):2022–37.
- A Witness-Based Approach For Data Fusion Assurance In Wireless Sensor Networks. Available from: http://www.powershow.com/view/1450b7-NDhlZ/A_Witness_Based_Approach_For_Data_Fusion_Assurance_In_Wireless_Sensor_Networks_W_Du_J_Deng_Y_Han_P_Varshney_powerpoint_ppt_presentation. Date Accessed: 19/04/2004.
- Secure aggregation for wireless networks. Available from: http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~yasinsac/group/slides/polite5.pdf. Date Accessed: 3/03/2003.
- Westhoff D, Girao J, Acharya M. Concealed Data Aggregation For Reverse Multicast Traffic In Sensor Networks: Encryption, Key Distribution, And Routing Adaptation. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2006 Oct; 5(10):1417–31.
- Efficient Aggregation of Encrypted Data in Wireless Sensor Networks. Available from: http://archive.cone.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/lehre/seminar/adhoc-w09/submissions/DataAggInWSN.pdf. Date Accessed: 30/01/2010.
- Saranya S, Bharathi N. Hierarchical Approach to Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):1–6.
- Raj GS, Thanjaivadivel M, Viswanathan M, Bindhu N. Efficient Sensing of Data when Aggregated with Integrity and Authenticity. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–5.
- Public key based cryptoschemes for data concealment in wireless sensor networks. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4024506/. Date Accessed: 11/06/2006.
- Zhu WT, Gao F, Xiang Y. A Secure And Efficient Data Aggregation Scheme For Wireless Sensor Networks. Concurrency and Computation, Practise and Experience. 2011 Aug; 23(12):1414–30.
- An Efficient And Verifiable Concealed Data Aggregation Scheme In Wireless Sensor Networks. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4595533/. Date Accessed: 29/07/2008.
- Boneh D, Gentry C, Lynn B, Shacham H. Aggregate and verifiably encrypted signatures from bilinear maps. EUROCRYPT’03 Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Theory and Applications of Cryptographic Techniques. 2003 May. p. 416–32.
- Ozdemir S, Xiao Y. Integrity Protecting Hierarchical Concealed Data Aggregation For Wireless Sensor Networks. Computer Networks. 2011 Jun; 55(8):1735–46.
- Sabrina Sicari A, Luigi Alfredo Grieco B, Gennaro Boggia B, Coen-Porisini A. DyDAP: A Dynamic Data Aggregation Scheme For Privacy Aware Wireless Sensor Networks. The Journal of Systems and Software. 2012 Jan; 85(1):152–66.
- Selvin V, Kumar M. Tree based Efficient and High Accuracy Data Aggregation for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Conference on Modelling Optimisation and Computing. Procedia Engineering. 2012 Sep; 38:3833–9.
- Merad Boudia OR, Senouci SM, Feham M. A Novel Secure Aggregation Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks using Stateful Public Key Cryptography. Ad Hoc Networks. 2015 Sep; 32:98–113.
- The Simon and Speck Families of Lightweight Block Ciphers. Available from: https://www.cryptolux.org/images/a/a0/Beaulieu-DAC2015.pdf. Date Accessed: 06/2015.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.