Total views : 156
Vehicle Intruder Alert System using Multi-Layered Authentication Technique
Objectives: In the recent past, vehicle theft is increasingly prevalent. The objective of the study is to propose a method to overcome the problem. Methods: In this paper, a technique is proposed that resolves the above mentioned problem. The primary purpose of the proposed scheme is to protect the vehicle from any unauthorized access using a cryptographic algorithm. Findings: The surety of the algorithm is achieved by combining cryptographic algorithm with a secret key. A randomly chosen binary template is used as a secret key which is then integrated with the input in order to generate the hash value using an MD5 hashing algorithm. This hash value is then compared with the stored hash value in order to operate the vehicle. In hashing algorithm, the hidden key is a data in which it is applied as an additional input to a one-way function that hashes a password. The principal use of the private key is to defend against dictionary attack and a rainbow table attack. Improvements/Applications: Thus, this technique achieves data confidentiality, data integrity, data privacy, authentication, and also is efficient in terms of processing time.
Authentication, Cryptography, Hashing Algorithm, Intrusion Prevention.
- Meng YK, Wok L. Adaptive non-critical alarm reduction using hash-based contextual signatures in intrusion detection.Computer Communications. 2014 Feb; 38:50-9.
- Murillo-Escobar M, Cruz-Hernandez C, Abundiz-Perez F, Lopez-Gutierrez R. A robust embedded biometric authentication system based on fingerprint and chaotic encryption.Expert Systems with Applications. 2015 Nov; 42(21):8198-211.
- Mason S. Vehicle remote keyless entry systems and engine immobilisers: Do not believe the insurer that this technology is perfect. Computer Law and Security Review. 2012 Apr; 28(2):195-200.
- Mihailescu M. New enrollment scheme for biometric template using hash chaos-based cryptography. Procedia Engineering.2014 Mar; 69:1459-68.
- Yu J, Hao R, Zhao H, Shu M, Fan J. IRIBE: Intrusion-Resilient Identity-Based Encryption. Information Sciences. 2016 Feb; 329:90-104.
- Del Pozo Iturralde M. CI: A new encryption mechanism for instant messaging in mobile devices. Procedia Computer Science. 2015 Sep; 63:533-8.
- Chowdhury A, Chatterjee T, Das Bit S. LOCHA: A lightweight one-way cryptographic hash algorithm for wireless sensor network. Procedia Computer Science. 2014 Jun; 32:497-504.
- Moujahdi C, Bebis G, Ghouzali S, Rziza M. Fingerprint shell: Secure representation of fingerprint template. Pattern Recognition Letters. 2014 Aug; 45:189-96.
- Ghosh R, Verma S, Kumar R, Kumar S, Ram S. Design of hash algorithm using Latin square. Procedia Computer Science.2015 Apr; 46:759-65.
- Zhao T, Ran Q, Yuan L, Chi Y, Ma J. Image encryption using fingerprint as key based on phase retrieval algorithm and public key cryptography. Optics and Lasers in Engineering.2015 Sep; 72:12-7.
- Patsakis C, Dellios K, Bouroche M. Towards distributed secure in-vehicle communication architecture for modern vehicles. Computers and Security. 2014 Feb; 40:60-74.
- Kim Y, Song Y, Lee J. Vehicular authentication security mechanism modeling using Petri Net. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S7):443-7.
- Dalip, Vijay Kumar. Effect of environmental parameters on GSM and GPS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2014 Aug; 7(8):1183–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.