Total views : 198
Zigbee-Based Collision Avoidance System in Blind Spot and Heavy Traffic using Ultrasonic Sensor
Objectives: In India, the frequency of traffic collisions is among the highest in the world. Most of the accidents are due to blind spots which cannot be directly observed by the driver at control. The paper proposes a collision avoidance system due to blind spots and in the case of heavy traffic scenarios. Methods: The proposed system avoids collision in blind spot and in heavy traffic and does not follow the path of preceding vehicle if the space between detector (Our Vehicle) and host vehicle is in proximity. For implementation of the system, Arduino boards and other drivers along with ultrasonic sensor are used and ZigBee is used for data communication between two nodes. Findings: The Blind Spot Detection (BSD) procedure based on wireless detecting technique ZigBee is proposed to monitor the blind spot region for the presence of interferences, automobiles, or other objects with the aid of ultrasonic sensor. For detecting the vehicles in blind spot, Neural Fuzzy Logic is used for the proposed system. The connection models for the developed system is identified and proposed. The paper also discusses about the advantages of ZigBee over other wireless technologies. The Wireless Technology identified is ZigBee which will lower the wiring connection in the vehicles. Applications: This method is useful to avoid collision in blind spot and also lowered the wiring connection in the vehicles by using ZigBee. Hence, the proposed system discovers its application in real time and gives collision free environment. The system is evaluated for different driving scenarios and results are discussed.
Blind Spot Detection, Collision-Avoidance System, ZigBee Pair.
- Mukhtar A, Xia L, Tang TB. vehicle detection techniques for collision avoidance systems: a review. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. 2015 Oct; 16(5):2318–38.
- Liu W, Wen X, Duan B, Yuan H, Wang N. Rear vehicle detection and tracking for lane change assist. MVA2007 IAPR Conference on Machine Vision Applications; 2007 May. p.82–5.
- Nair SA, Pooja TV, Nair SV, Pillai VU, Rajalekshmi S. Verilog implementation of collision avoidance system based on flexray protocol. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Jul; 9(28):1–5.
- Simulation studies on zigbee network for in-vehicle wireless communications. 2014 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), 2014 Jan 3–5; 2014 Oct.
- Tsai HM, Tonguz OK, Saraydar C, Talty T, Ames M, Macdonald A. Zigbee-based intra-car wireless sensor networks: A case study. IEEE Wireless Communications. 2007 Dec; 14(6):67–77.
- ZigBee v/s WiFi [Internet]. [cited 2015 Aug 07]. Available from: http://www.engineersgarage.com/contribution/zigbeevs-wi-fi.
- On the potential of bluetooth low energy technology for vehicular applications [Internet]. [cited 2015 Feb 11]. Available from: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1502.03493.pdf.
- Design and experimental study of an ultrasonic sensor system for lateral collision avoidance at low speeds. Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, 2004 Jun 14–17; 2004 Oct.
- Dynamic side-view mirror: Assisting situation awareness in blind spots. Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), 2013 Jun 23–26; 2013 Oct.
- Ros DE, Mota S, Botella G, Canas A, Sabatini S. The rear mirror blind spot problem. IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium; 2005. p. 50–7.
- Sun Z, Bebis G, Miller R. On-road vehicle detection: A review.IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2006 May; 28(5):694–711.
- Modeling for deployment techniques for intra-car wireless sensor networks. 2014 18th International Conference System Theory, Control and Computing (ICSTCC), 2014 Oct 17–19; 2014 Dec.
- Design and implementation of TPMS based on wireless sensor network. Intelligent System 2010 International Conference on Design and Engineering Application (ISDEA), 2010 Oct 13–14; 2011 Apr.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.