Total views : 210
Cost Effective Air Quality Monitoring System Based on Xbee Wireless Sensor Networks
Background/Objectives: Owing to an enormous technological advancement, much research has been done in the communication field related to the Internet Of Things (IOT). Wireless Sensor Network devices (WSN) are the independent devices which can be used to monitor the physical and the environmental conditions for a wide array of applications across different fields. With advancement in technology and increase in population, Air pollution is the most important environmental problem which affects the human lives. Methods: LSM (Least Square method) is used to process the sensor data in order to get the accuracy. The sensors like CO₂, CO are used to detect the air pollution levels. For monitoring the air pollution constantly, the WSN nodes with Zigbee communication have been deployed. Xbees are used to transmit and receive the data from one node to another. Arduino Mega will be acting as a web server in-order to store the data into the cloud or server and will be used to connect the IP-enabled device to monitor the pollution. The values detected by the sensors will be accessed or monitored through the IP enabled Android device with an ‘Android App’. Findings: The Air pollution monitoring systems currently available now are very costly. Hence, an indoor air quality monitoring system is proposed using an Arduino and Zigbee modules, and gas sensors, which is very cost-effective. The possibility of the real-time monitoring and tracking levels of the pollutants in different time periods is also done. Improvements/Applications: This method reduces the process and observation noises and also increases the data accuracy.
Air Pollution, Internet Of Things, Least Square Based Method, Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Chi Q, Yan H, Zhang C, Pang Z, Xu LD. A reconfigurable smart sensor interface for industrial WSN in Iot environment.IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. 2014 May; 10(2):1417–25.
- Mihai TL. Design of A WSN platform for long-term environmental monitoring for Iot applications. IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems.2013 May; 3:45–54.
- Gomaa, Ibrahim R. Real-time radiological monitoring of nuclear facilities using Zigbee technology. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2014 Nov; 14(11):4007–13.
- Bisio I. Smartphone-centric ambient assisted living platform for patients suffering from co-morbidities monitoring.IEEE Communications Magazine.2015 Jan; 53(1):34–41.
- Peng C, Qian K, Wang C. Design and application of a VOC-monitoring system based on a Zigbee wireless sensor network. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2015 Apr; 15(4):2255–68.
- Sutharshan R, Havens TC, Karunasekera S, Leckie C, Bezdek JC. High-resolution monitoring of atmospheric pollutants using a system of low-cost sensors. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience Remote Sensing. 2014 Jul; 52(7):3823–32.
- Analysis study of seamless integration and intelligent solution in any situation by the future advanced mobile universal systems 4G - (FAMOUS 4G)[Internet]. [cited 2013]. Available from:https://www.deepdyve.com/lp/ institute-of-electrical-and-electronics-engineers/analysisstudy-of-seamless-integration-and-intelligent-solutionin-any-uJ6X0IfC1c.
- A secure Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) environment: An implementation view. 2012 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), 2012 Jan 10-12; 2012 Mar.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.