Total views : 181
Hybrid Fault Tolerant Scheme to Manage VM Failure in the Cloud
Objectives: To managing the Virtual Machine and improve the reliability and availability of the resources using Hybrid fault tolerance method. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Basically two main fault tolerant policies namely reactive fault tolerance and proactive fault tolerance. Reactive fault tolerant techniques attempts to reduce the effort required for recovery after a failure, whereas a proactive fault tolerant technique attempts to prevent the occurrence of a fault. The existing method aims to prevent the occurrence of VM failure using a proactive fault tolerant technique which is a static method. But it provides no solution for VM failure, which might occur while the application is still running. The proposed paper ensures reliability of VM by considering both the reactive and proactive techniques in hybrid ways of tolerating the VM failure. In the proposed system, two types of VM failure, insufficient storage and variable capacity change are detected. These failures are tolerated using a self healing mechanism implemented at the host level. Result: The proposed scheme is implemented using Cloudsim simulator, in order to highlight the performance of how VM can be managed. Applications: Virtual Machine failure can be managed and improve the reliability and availability of resources using hybrid fault tolerance scheme.
Cloud Computing, Fault Tolerant, Proactive and Reactive Techniques, Self-Healing, VM Failure.
- Goutam D, Verma A, Agrawa N. The performance evaluation of proactive fault tolerant scheme over cloud using CloudSim Simulator. 5th International Conference on the Application of Digital Information and Web Technologies; 2014.
- Bala A, Chana I. Fault tolerance- challenges, techniques and implementation in cloud computing. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2012 Jan; 9(1):288–93.
- Calheiros RN, Ranjan R, Beloglazov A, Rose CAFD, Buyya R. CloudSim: A toolkit for modeling and simulation of cloud computing environments and evaluation of resource provisioning algorithms, software- practice and experience.2011; 41:23–50.
- Kaur J, Kinger S. Analysis of different techniques used for fault tolerance. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies. 2014; 5(3):4086–90.
- Kaur H, Kaur A. A survey on fault tolerance techniques in cloud computing. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Science. 2015; 1(9):419–25.
- Nita MC, Pop F, Mocanu M, Cristea V. FIM-SIM: Fault injection module for CloudSim based on statistical distributions.Journal of Telecommunication and Information Technology. 2014; 4:14–23.
- Jiang Y, Huang J, Ding J, Liu Y. Method of fault detection in cloud computing systems. International Journal of Grid Distribution Computing. 2014; 7(3):205–12.
- Ganesh A, Sandhya M, Shankar S. A study on fault tolerance methods in cloud computing. IEEE International Advance Computing Conference. 2014.
- Verma A, Sharma SK, Kaur B. Comparative analysis on load balancing techniques in cloud computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(11):1–11.
- Padmakumari P, Umamakeswari A. Methodical review on various fault tolerant and monitoring mechanisms to improve reliability on cloud environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(35):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.