Total views : 167
Secure Retrieval of Sub-Trees over Encrypted Data Stored in Cloud Storage for Prediction
Objectives: A tremendous growth in adoption of cloud storage services is observed since 2010. Shifting towards the services however leads to some security concerns like data leakage, unauthorized access and data privacy etc. The main objective is to develop a subtree retrieval method that securely that is further used for prediction without impacting performance. Methods: Cryptographic methods are used to secure data. In our approach the dataset is partitioned based on classification and encrypted before uploading to cloud. Retrieval query returns a subtree from the partitions only when the secret key is matched. Findings: Our proposed novel approach results in better performance compared to other methods of partitioning. Also securely retrieves subtree over the encrypted data. Application/Improvements: This approach can be applied to classify patient electronic health records in cloud storage and query the encrypted data in order to make decisions.
Classification, Cloud Storage, Cryptography, Subtree Retrieval.
- Services in the cloud computing era: A survey. Date Accessed: 18/10/2010: Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5666772/.
- Lacity MC, Khan SA, Willcocks LP. A review of the IT outsourcing literature: Insights for practice. The Journal of Strategic Information Systems. 2009 Sep; 18(3):130-46.
- Yu S, Wang C, Ren K, Lou W. Achieving secure, scalable, and fine-grained data access control in cloud computing.INFOCOM’10 Proceedings of the 29th conference on Information communications. 2010; p. 534-42.
- Boneh D, Sahai A, Waters B. Functional encryption: a new vision for public-key cryptography. Communications of the ACM. 2012 Nov; 55(11):56-64.
- Canim M, Kantarcioglu M, Inan A. Springer Berlin Heidelberg: Query optimization in encrypted relational databases by vertical schema partitioning. 2009 Aug; p.1-16.
- Byun JW, Lee DH. On a security model of conjunctive keyword search over encrypted relational database. Journal of Systems and Software. 2011 Aug; 84(8):1364-72.
- Vaidya J, Clifton C, Kantarcioglu M, Patterson AS. Privacypreserving decision trees over vertically partitioned data.ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD). 2008 Oct; 2(3):1-27.
- Communication efficient construction of decision trees over heterogeneously distributed data. Date Accessed: 1/11/2004. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/ 1410268/.
- Tekli J, Chbeir R. A novel XML document structure comparison framework based-on sub-tree commonalities and label semantics. Web Semantics: Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web. 2012 Mar; 11:14-40.
- Sahai A, Waters B. Fuzzy identity-based encryption.EUROCRYPT’05 Proceedings of the 24th annual international conference on Theory and Applications of Cryptographic Techniques. 2005; p. 457-73.
- Waters B. Springer Berlin Heidelberg: Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption: An expressive, efficient, and provably secure realization. 2011 Mar; p. 53-70.
- Zeller B, Kemper A. Experience report: exploiting advanced database optimization features for Large-Scale SAP R/3 installations. VLDB ‘02 Proceedings of the 28th international conference on Very Large Data Bases. 2002; p. 894-905.
- TPC Benchmark. Date Accessed: 05/1999: Available from: http://www.tpc.org/reports/status/bs-1999-05.asp.
- Cornell DW, Yu PS. An effective approach to vertical partitioning for physical design of relational databases.IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. 1990 Feb; 16(2):248-58.
- Navathe SB, Ra M. Vertical partitioning for database design: a graphical algorithm. SIGMOD ‘89 Proceedings of the 1989 ACM SIGMOD international conference on Management of data. 1989 Jun; p. 440-50.
- Papadomanolakis S, Ailamaki A. Autopart. Automating schema design for large scientific databases using data partitioning.Proceedings 16th IEEE International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management. 2004 Jun; p. 1-10.
- Du W, Zhan Z. Building decision tree classifier on private data. Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on Privacy, security and data mining. 2002; 14:1-8.
- Rastogi R, Shim K. PUBLIC: A decision tree classifier that integrates building and pruning. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery. 2000 Oct; 4(4):315-44.
- ML confidential: Machine learning on encrypted data. Date Accessed: 26/12/2012: Available from: https://eprint.iacr.org/2012/323.
- Wagh JC, Mhatre S. Implementing Encrypted Database for Concurrent Access in Cloud environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(13):1-8.
- Jegadeeswari S, Dinadayalan P, Gnanambigai N. Neural based Security Approach for Cloud databases using Counter Propagation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Apr; 9(16):1-10.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.