Total views : 106
Reducing PAPR of OFDM Systems using Cyclic Prefix Shifting Algorithm
Objectives: In this paper, a novel scheme was introduced to mitigate the PAPR problem of OFDM system with reduced computational complexity. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The literature brought out many algorithms to overcome the PAPR problem, such as the amplitude clipping, which is simplest but degrades the BER performance, and the selected mapping, which is probabilistic (no BER degradation) but suffers from the increased computational complexity. Thus, by cyclically shifting the frequency-domain OFDM symbol to change the order of the samples, the PAPR will be reduced significantly. Findings: Simulation results show that the PAPR has been reduced, without introducing BER degradation, due to the probabilistic nature of the proposed method. The computational complexity of the suggested algorithm, if compared with the SLM scheme, is reduced dramatically, say 68%. Hence, the approach can be implemented without increasing the system’s size or hurt the battery life of the end user equipment. Application/Improvements: The OFDM system employed in wide ranges of data rates systems, however, the computational complexity plays an important role in the fabrication, thus, using our proposed method, the system will not be expensive, hard to implement and still provides high data rates.
Cyclic Prefix Algorithm for PAPR Mitigation, OFDM, PAPR, Selected Mapping
- Chang RW. Synthesis of band‐limited orthogonal signals for multichannel data transmission. Bell Labs Technical Journal. 1966 Dec; 45(10):1775–96. Crossref
- Bingham JA. Multicarrier modulation for data transmission: An idea whose time has come. IEEE Communications Magazine. 1990 May; 28(5):5–14. Crossref
- O’neill R, Lopes LB. Envelope variations and spectral splatter in clipped multicarrier signals. Sixth IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications. 1995. PIMRC’95. Wireless: Merging onto the Information Superhighway. 1995 Sep; 1:71–5.Crossref
- Jones AE, Wilkinson TA, Barton SK. Block coding scheme for reduction of peak to mean envelope power ratio of multicarrier transmission schemes. Electronics Letters. 1994 Dec; 30(25):2098–9. Crossref
- Muller SH, Huber JB. OFDM with reduced peak-to-average power ratio by optimum combination of partial transmit sequences. Electronics Letters. 1997 Feb; 33(5):368–9.Crossref
- Bauml RW, Fischer RF, Huber JB. Reducing the peak-toaverage power ratio of multicarrier modulation by selected mapping. Electronics Letters. 1996 Oct; 32(22):2056–7.Crossref
- Taher MA, Mandeep JS, Ismail M, Samad SA, Islam MT.Reducing the power envelope fluctuation of OFDM systems using side information supported amplitude clipping approach. International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications. 2014 Apr; 42(4):425–35. Crossref
- Taher MA, Singh MJ, Ismail MB, Samad SA, Islam MT.Sliding the SLM-technique to reduce the non-linear distortion in OFDM systems. Elektronika ir Elektrotechnika.2013 Apr 18; 19(5):103–11. Crossref
- Taher MA, Singh MJ, Ismail M, Samad SA, Islam MT, Mahdi HF. Post-IFFT-modified selected mapping to reduce the PAPR of an OFDM system. Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing. 2015 Feb; 34(2):535–55. Crossref
- Tellambura C. Computation of the continuous-time PAR of an OFDM signal with BPSK subcarriers. IEEE Communications Letters. 2001 May; 5(5):185–7. Crossref
- Breiling H, Muller-Weinfurtner SH, Huber JB. SLM peakpower reduction without explicit side information. IEEE Communications Letters. 2001 Jun; 5(6):239–41. Crossref
- Lim DW, Heo SJ, No JS, Chung H. On the phase sequence set of SLM OFDM scheme for a crest factor reduction. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2006 May; 54(5):1931– 5. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.