Total views : 100
Comparative Analysis and Simulation of Various QAM Techniques as used in DVBT2
Objectives: This paper proposes comparative performance analysis of QAM techniques as used in DVBT2 applied to random data base and also to images. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed work uses MATLAB as the basic tool and applies DVBT2 techniques using 16 QAM and 64 QAM modulation techniques. The analysis is about observing the effect of increment in SNR on the corresponding BER. In case of image, the same has been verified visually by seeing the quality of reconstruction. Findings: The BER achieved is decreasing for an incremented value of SNR and there is a very well observed trade-off between these two, when 16 QAM and 64 QAM are applied in DVBT2. Also, it can be seen that images are better reconstructed in case when SNR is just little more than. Improvements: Dropping the probably less efficient 4 QAM, the potentially better 16 and 64 QAM is being targeted and results are obtained.
Digital Video Broadcasting – Terrestrial (DVBT), Digital Video Broadcasting – Terrestrial – Second Generation (DVBT2) SNR, BER, RS encoder, BCH coder, Low Density Parity Check - LDPC coder, OFDM, MIMO, QAM.
- Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Frame structure channel coding and modulation for a second generation digital terrestrial television broadcasting system (DVB-T2), ETSI Std. 2009 Sep; EN 302 755 V1.1.1.
- Synchronization Performance in DVB-T2 System, Md. Sarwar Morshed. Date accessed: 04/03/2009: Available from: http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~morsheds/Thesis_final_ Morshed.pdf.
- DVB-T2: New Signal Processing Algorithms for a Challenging Digital Video Broadcasting Standard. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221907364_ DVB.2010.
- DVB-T2 Performance Comparison with other Standards DVB – NCA Seminar - Date accessed: 18/08/2010: Available from: file:///C:/Users/gaja/Downloads/DVBT2_Performance_ comparison_.pdf.
- Eizmendi I, Velez M, Omez-Barquero D, Morgade J, BaenaLecuyer V. Slimani M.DVB-T2: The Second Generation of Terrestrial Digital Video Broadcasting System IEEE transactions on broadcasting. 2014 June; 60(2):258-71.
- Polak L, Kratochvil T. DVB-T and DVB-T2 Performance in FixedTerrestrial TV Channels 978-1-4673-11182/12/$31.00 ©2012.
- Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Frame structure channel coding and modulation for a second generation digital terrestrial television broadcasting system (DVB-T), ETSI Std. 2009 Jan; EN 300 744 V1.6.1.
- DVB Fact Sheet. 2014 August. Available from: https://www.dvb.org/resources/public/factsheets/dvb-t2_factsheet.pdf.
- Mehul C Parikh, Kishor G Maradia. Comparative Analysis of Motion base Image Segmentation using Machine Learning Techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Mar; 9(9):1-9.
- Prabal Gupta, Singh RK, Maniraguha Fidele and Balpreet Singh. Hadamard Matrix based Selected Mapping Hybridized with Clipping Technique for Peak to Average Power Ratio Reduction in OFDM System using Several Sub-carriers.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Dec; 9(45):1-5.
- Scott L Linfoot. IEEE, A Comparison of 64-QAM and 16QAM DVB-T under Long Echo Delay Multipath Conditions.IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 2003 November; 49(4):978-82.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.