Total views : 222
Improved Mechanism for Converting Gear Transmission of Motorcycle from Manual to Automatic
This paper aims at to provide the improved mechanism for converting gear transmission of motorcycle from manual to automatic. Our proposed model of pneumatic actuated automatic gear and shift control uses a switch. The position of switch determines for automatic or manual transmission of motorbike. If the switch is in off-state, manual transmission is in play. Electronic Control Unit (ECU) receives respective signals from the sensors and it then activates pneumatic system. In Pneumatic system air pressure is build up which forces the piston to move up and down. We use double acting pneumatic cylinder in which air enters from the first port which generates pressure on one side and move the piston forward. From the other port air will move out and same process is followed for downward movement of piston. The proposed model discloses an Automatic gear shifting and actuation of clutch system by pneumatic system. No such device is available till date which can perform the said function. Normally the gear shifting and actuation of clutch are done manually, and in previous inventions the clutch is automatic and gear shifting is done manually, and they are using CVT clutch.
Automatic Gear Shifting with Automatic Clutch in Motorcycle, Automatic Gear Shifting and Actuation of Clutch by Using Speed Sensor in Motorcycle, Changing of Gear and Clutch by Using Speed Sensors in Motorcycle
- Abhijith B, Basil Mathew, Dolphin Dev, Vishnu S, Bibi Mohanan. Automated Manual Transmission for Twowheelers, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.2016 Mar; 5(3):93−97. ISSN: 2278–8875.
- Alexander P, Sudha T, Omamageswari M. Automatic Gear Transmission in Two Wheelers using Embedded System, International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology (IJARET). 2012 Jul-Dec; 3(2):164−75.ISSN 0976-6499.
- Wang Liqiang, Meng Hui, Han Zongqi. Fast Fourier Transformation Processing Method for Wheel Speed Signal, American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER). 3(1): 207−21. ISSN: 2320-0847.
- Rupesh Gupta, Param Gupta, Anachal Sharma, Jatin Bhalla, Gaurav Garg. Camless Engine using Laser LDR Circuit, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Sep; 9(36). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i36/102151. ISSN: 0974-5645.
- Akshyakumar Puttewar, Pratik Kadu, Sanket Mahulkar, Narendra Sontakke, Sumit Bawaria. Design and Fabrication of Hand Operated Gear Shifting Mechanism, IJSRD - International Journal for Scientific Research and Development. 2015; 3(2):689−91. ISSN: 2321-0613.
- Srinivasa Chari., Dr.venkatesh, Dr.Prasanna Rao, Adil Ahmed. Automatic Pneumatic Bumper and Break Actuation before Collision, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET). 2015 Jul; 2(4):1015−23. ISSN: 2395-0056.
- Darshan Sharanappa Ballari, Praveen MP. Design and Analysis of Pneumatic Pedal Pusher at Toyota Kirloskar Motors, International Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Technology. 2014 Apr-Sep; 2(1):100-07. ISSN 2348-7593.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.