Total views : 239
Harmonic Analysis of Inverter-Fed Induction Motor Drive System under Fault Conditions using FFT
Harmonics are the major issues in Variable Frequency Drive systems. The objective of project is the analysis of harmonics in the signatures of motor current in various fault conditions of Variable Frequency Drive systems. The simulation is done on VSI fed induction motor at constant voltage/frequency and was carried out using MATLAB/ Simulink. Variable Frequency drives commonly uses “Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor” (IGBT).To get sine wave at required frequency IGBT uses “Pulse Width Modulation” technique for simulation. Simulation of an induction was developed and by observing the current, torque and speed responses, its dynamic response was verified to set up the acceptability of the developed system. Simulation of three various fault conditions were carried out here: one IGBTs gate signal is open circuited, one IGBT in the inverter section is blown off, line to ground fault occurs in one phase of the motor terminal. The technique of frequency domain analysis is used as a method to discriminate various faulty conditions. For various faulted conditions frequency responses characteristics were analyzed and collated to setup the use of Fast Fourier Transform algorithm to distinguish the characteristics of fault. Frequency responses of three various faulty states were emphatically different and were indubitably shown.
Fast Fourier Transform, Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor, Pulse Width Modulation, Variable Frequency Drive
- Biswas B, Das S, Purkait P, Mandal MS and Mitra D. Current Harmonics Analysis of Inverter-Fed Induction Motor Drive System under Fault Conditions. Hong Kong: IMECS 2009, Proc. International Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists. 2009 March 18–20; II.
- Namburi NR and Barton TH. Time Domain Response of Induction Motors with PWM Supplies, IEEE Trans. Industry Applications. 1985 Mar; IA-21(2):448–55.
- Sun L, Li Heming H, and Xu B. Analysis on the transient of stator-rotor-hybrid fault in squirrel cage induction motors, in Proc. 2005 ICEMS Eighth International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, 2005 Sept; 3:1939-44.
- Jung JH, Lee JJ and Kwon BH. Online Diagnosis of Induction Motors Using MCSA, IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, 2006 Dec.; 53(6):1842–52.
- Benbouzid BEH. A review of induction motors signature analysis as a medium for faults detection, IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics. 2000 Oct; 47(5):984–93.
- Blodt M, Regnier J, Chabert M and Faucher J. Fault Indicators for Stator Current Based Detection of Torque Oscillations in Induction Motors at Variable Speed Using Time-Frequency Analysis, in Proc. The 3rd IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives. 2006 Mar; p. 56–60.
- Hwang DH, Lee KC, Kim YJ, Bae SW, Kim DH and Ro CG. Voltage stresses on stator windings of induction motors driven by IGBT PWM inverters. Proc. 38th IAS Annual Meeting. Conference Record of the Industry Applications Conference. 2003 Oct; 1:439- 44.
- Hwang DH, Kim YJ, Bae SW, Kim DH, Ro CG and Lee IW. Analysis of voltage stress in stator winding of IGBT PWM inverter-fed induction motor systems. Proc. ICEMS 2003 Sixth International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems. 2003 Nov; 1:440–44.
- Eason G, Noble B and Sneddon IN. On certain integrals of Lipschitz-Hankel type involving products of Bessel functions. Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. London. 1955 April; A247:529–51.
- Reshma NR and Babu Prathibha S. A method for error detection and correction of the PMU measurements. International Conference on Computation of Power, Energy, Information and Communication (ICCPEIC). 2014; p. 99–103.
- Jacobs IS and Bean CP. New York: Academic: Fine particles, thin films and exchange anisotropy, in Magnetism. III, G.T. Rado and H. Suhl, Eds. 1963; p. 271-350.
- Yorozu, Hirano M, Oka K and Tagawa Y. Electron spectroscopy studies on magneto-optical media and plastic substrate interface. IEEE Transl. J. Magn. Japan. 1987 August; 2:740–41. [Digests 9th Annual Conf. Magnetics Japan. 1982; p. 301]
- Discenzo FM. et al. Motor diagnostics: Technological drivers leading to 21st century predictive diagnostics. Knoxville, TN: Proc. Int. Conf. Maintenance and Reliability. 1997; 1:30.01–12.
- Bonnett AH. et al. Cause and analysis of stator and rotor failures in three-phase squirrel-cage induction motors, IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat. 1992 July/Aug; 28:921–37.
- Vas P. Parameter Estimation, Condition Monitoring, and Diagnosis of Electrical Machines. Oxford, U.K.: Clarendon, 1993.  Kliman GB. et al. Methods of motor current signature analysis. Elect. Mach. Power Syst. 1992 Sept; 20(5): 463-74.
- Benbouzid MEH.et al., “Induction motor diagnostics via stator current monitoring,” in Proc. 1997 Int. Conf. Maintenance and Reliability, vol. 1, Knoxville, TN, pp. 36.01–36.10.
- Kryter RC. et al. Condition monitoring of machinery using motor current signature analysis. Sound Vib. 1989 Sept;p. 14–21,
- Subhasis Nandi, Thirumarai Chelvan Ilamparithi, Sang Bin Lee and Doosoo Hyun. Detection of Eccentricity Faults in Induction Machines Based on Nameplate Parameters. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2011 May; 58(5).
- Nandi S, Bharadwaj RM and Toliyat HA. Performance analysis of a three phase induction motor under incipient mixed eccentricity condition. IEEE Trans. Energy Convers. 2002 September; 17(3):392–99.Indian J 6 Vol 9 (S1) | December 2016 | www.indjst.org ournal of Science and Technology
- Li X, Wu Q and Nandi S. Performance analysis of a three-phase induction machine with inclined static eccentricity. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 2007 March/April; 43(2):531–41.
- Pedro Vicente Jover Rodriguez, Marian Negrei and Antero Arkkio. A General Scheme for Induction Motor Condition Monitoring. Vienna, Austria: SDEMPED 2005, International Symposium on Diagnostics f or Electric Machines, Power Electronics and Drives. 2005 September 7–9.
- Kliman GB, Koegl RA. Stein J and Endicott RD. Noninvasive Detection of Broken Rotor Bars in Operating Induction Motors. IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion. 1988 December; 3:873–79.
- Joksimovic GM and Penman J. The Detection of Inter-Turn Short Circuits in the Stator Winding of Operating Motors. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications. 2000 October; 47(5):1078 –84.
- Gu IYH and Bollen MHJ. Estimating interharmonics by using sliding window ESPRIT. IEEE Trans. Power Deliv. 2008; 23(1):13-23.
- Bollen MHJ, Gu IYH, Santoso S, McGranaghan MF, Crossley PA, Ribeiro MV, and Ribeiro PF. Bridging the gap between signal and power. IEEE Signal Process. Mag. 2009; 26(4):12– 31.
- Liem Ek Bien & Sudarno. Testing Harmonics and Harmonic Disorder Reduction Efforts in Energy Efficient Lighting. Trisakti University, 2004.
- Elih Mulyana. Measurement of Voltage and Current Harmonic Generation in the UPI ICT Directorate Building. Indonesia Educational University. 2008.
- Irianto, Sukmawidjaja CG, M Wisnu A. Reducing Harmonics in Three Phase Transformers. Trisakti University. 2008.
- Mini R, Shabana Backer, Hariram Satheesh B, Dinesh MN. MRAS Speed Observer for Low Speed Estimation in Sensorless DTC-SVM Induction Motor Drives. International journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10(17):37751–57.
- Priya S, Rashmi MR, Suresh A. A Novel Scheme for Reduction of Torque Ripple in Direct Torque Control of Three Phase Squirrel Cage Induction Motor Using Seven Level Neutral Point Clamped Inverter. Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. ISSN: 2040-7459; e-ISSN: 2040–7467.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.