Total views : 189
An Inter-group Comparison of the Importance Scales Regarding Media Rating Criteria
Objectives: To examine the differences in the perceptions of various stakeholders regarding the media rating criteria. More specifically, this study examined the perceptions of general viewers, parent viewers, film experts, and media rating committee members. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study used the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) to identify the relative importance and priorities scales that each group applies to the classification standard. Findings: The results indicated that the general viewers and parent viewers are generally more concerned with the influence of visual media on teenagers while film experts and committee members are more concerned with the expressions of visual media. Such differences of perceptions demonstrated by different stakeholders must be considered when restructuring the media rating system in the future to enhance objectivity and reliability of the criteria. Application/Improvements: The results of this study are believed to be useful for developing appropriate measures regarding the media rating system in the future. *
AHP, Korea Media Rating Board, Media, Media Rrating Criteria, Teenager Protection.
- Korea Media Rating Board. 2014 media rating workbook.Available from: http://www.kmrb.or.kr/data/educationPrDataView.do?idx=23. Date Accessed: 2014.
- Korea Media Rating Board. 2012 report on the opinion research about media rating system. Avaiable from: http:// www.kmrb.or.kr/data/educationPrDataView.do?idx=51.Date Accessed: 2012.
- Bae JA, Cho YH. A q-methodology research on the stakeholder’s perceptions on the media rating system - based on the content and application of rating standards. Journal of Broadcasting Research. 2014; 7:147-81.
- Saaty TL, Vargas LG. Model, methods, concepts &applications of the analytic hierarchy process. Kluwer Academic Publishers; 2001.
- Kang KS, Kim HG, Lee HS. Cognition about the importance of media rating system. Proceedings of ICSMB 2016 the 3th International Conference on Small & Medium Business, Vietnam. 2016. p. 84-85.
- Saaty TL. Axiomatic foundation of the analytic hierarchy process. Management Science.1986; 32(7):841-55.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.