Total views : 162
A Study on Application of Educational Technology Instructional Design Model for Development of Consulting Methodology
Objectives: Professional consulting is highly influenced by personal capabilities of consultants rather than standardized consulting methodologies. This study aims to suggest a method of developing and designing methodologies in different situations. Methods/Statistical Analysis: After developing and applying a Rapid prototype-based consulting methodology, a survey was conducted in order to evaluate its effectiveness and based on the result of FGI (Focusing Group Interview), the effectiveness, practicality and roles of development participants were analyzed. Overall composition and goal of consulting methodology was confirmed by the firm and preliminary application was performed in the first prototype. Evaluation on the second prototype was subject to firm employees and firm experts and evaluation on the third prototype was conducted subject to firm experts. Findings: The Rapid prototype model which is a type of user based Instructional System Design (ISD) researched in educational technology was applied in consulting sites to investigate the effects. Through analysis, design, development and evaluation steps for 3 months, satisfaction and effectiveness could be increased compared to the control group. Moreover, the important fact is that satisfaction and acceptance have been improved together in the perspective of mutual application by each step through various types of communication and sharing between firms and consultants. Therefore, it could be confirmed that overall consulting quality could be improved when consulting methodology is constructed and applied with the firm instead of applying standardized consulting methodology to firms. Improvements: It was confirmed that the Rapid prototype model can be effectively applied in developing future consulting methodologies that can be applied in firms. Also, required future assignments could be deducted through empirical research. Following this, it is expected that various methodologies can be developed in the process of developing consulting methodologies in earnest based on this research.
Consulting Engineering, Consulting Methodology, Consulting Quality, Methodology Design, Rapid Prototype.
- Memon AA, Mahar JA, Shaikh H. Effectiveness of information and communication technology in teaching methodology: A case study on in-service college teachers of Khairpur.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(27):1–6.
- Chan MI, Ho YY, Sun KM, Soo PY, Yoo YY. Exploratory research on the development of industrial convergence competency model (Convergence DNA) for SMEs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(25):1–11.
- ChulIm L, Hoon LJ, Joo LD. Educational technology. Korea National Open University Publication; 2011. p. 79–85.
- Dick W, Carey L, Carey J. The systematic design of instruction.7th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Person Education, Inc; NY. 2009
- Lim C, Yeon E. An empirical study on user-centered Rapid prototyping methodology for the development of corporate training programs. 8th Text 2nd ed. Firm Education Research; 2006. p. 27–50.
- In LC, Gang KM, Jung KY. A study on Rapid prototype development methodology based on printouts to develop web-based lectures. Educational Technology Research.2005; 21(1):3–28.
- Educational Engineering. 2010. Available from: https://etcjournal.com/2010/08/22/educational-engineers-the-missinglink-in-innovation/
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.