Total views : 142
Optimisation of Quality and Prediction of Machining Parameter for Surface Roughness in CNC Turning on EN8
Objective: Effect of machining parameter (Speed, Feed, Depth of cut) on output machine responses (Material Removal Rate (MRR), Machining time, Tool wear and Surface roughness) is studied using Taguchi method. Methods/Analysis: Experiment was conducted on work piece material namely EN8 Steel. For cutting speed, feed rate, Depth Of Cut (DOC). Orthogonal array L9 was created using MINITAB-16. For different combination, the respective surface roughness average was obtained using surface roughness tester and Taguchi analysis to understand the relation between the machining parameters and output responses. Findings: Feed rate is the important factor in obtaining the optimum surface finish of EN8 than other parameters during turning and also scarps can be reduced gradually. Novelty/Improvement: With the help of Taguchi method, Noise factor and control factor are identified which are highly useful in screening the critical parameters for optimum surface finish.
Machining parameter, Optimisation, Surface Roughness, Taguchi Method, Turning.
- Byrne DM, Taguchi S. The Taguchi approach to parameter design. Quality Progress; 1987. p. 19–26.
- Singh kp, Gautam gd, Yadav R, Bisht L, Norkey G. Selection of optimum machining parameters for EN36 alloy steel in CNC turning using Taguchi method. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. 2014 Mar; 5(3).
- Sukumar P. Optimization of machining parameters in CNC turning of martensitic stainless steel using RSM and GA. International Journal of Modern Engineering Research. 2012 Apr; 2(2):539–42.
- Kulshreshtha M. Analysis of the effect of machining parameters on surface roughness of EN36 nickel steel. International Journal of Advanced Information Science and Technology. 2013 Aug; 16(16).
- Kannan TDB, Kannan GR, Umar M, Kumar SA. ANN approach of modelling parameters in drilling operation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):10–6.
- Sowjanya S, Sreeramulu D, Rao CJ. Experimental and numerical investigation of tool life of single point cutting tool during turning process. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(28):1–8.
- Babu R, Smart DSR, Mahesh G, Shanmugam M. Effect of machining parameters and optimization of machining time in facing operation using response surface methodology and genetic algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(36):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.