Total views : 313
Patient Health Monitoring System Using IoT and Cloud Based Processing
Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud based processing can be used to monitor health conditions of patients after major surgeries. Information from various sensors is processed by PIC16F877A microcontroller which sends data to GSM Network with the help of IoT module. A relay is used to switch between IoT module and GSM module based on the output voltage of the sensors. The data transmitted from the microcontroller is stored on the cloud for long term storage and access. The address of the webpage used should be configured in the IoT module. Alert signal is sent to caretaker in case of emergency.This system is easy to setup with low power consumption and high performance. This system uses GSM network so can be used even in rural areas where broadband facility is not available.
Cloud Based Processing, GSM Module, IoT Module, PIC16F877A Microcontroller, Relay, Sensor.
- Hassanalieragh M, Page A, Soyata T, Sharma G. Health monitoring and management using Internet of Things (IoT) sensing with cloud-based processing: Opportunities and challenges. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Service Computing; 2015 Jun. p. 285–92.
- Sinha N, Ravi V. Implementation of health monitoring system using mixed environment. INDJST. 2015 Aug; 8(20):1–7.
- Microchip. 8-bit flash-based microcontroller with A/D converter and enhanced capture/compare/PWM. PIC16F716 Datasheet; 2007. p. 1–126.
- Bhoomika BK, Muralidhara KN. Secured smart healthcare monitoring system based on IoT. International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Communication. 2015 Jul; 3(7):4958–61.
- Kiran Kumar JR, Kotnana N. Design and implementation of portable health monitoring system using PSoC mixed signal array chip. IJRTE. 2012 Aug; 1(3):59–65.
- Kothari D, Thakkar M, Shah VA, Gohel T. A real time wireless multi-parameter monitoring system with ZigBee and LABVIEW. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology. 2013 Dec; 3(5):1667–71.
- Durga R, Suresh T. Bio medical sensor network for patient monitoring. International Conference on Humming Bird; International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA); 2014 Mar. p. 25–9.
- Mani N, Sudheesh TP, Joseph V, Titto VD, Shamnas PSDS. Design and implementation of fully automated water level indicator. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. 2014 Feb; 3(2):7686–90.
- Selvarani SJ. Online health monitoring system using ZigBee. IJCSE. 2011 Apr; 3:1578–83.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.