Total views : 144
Health Monitoring using Visible Light Communication
Objectives: With the rapid development in the Light Emitting Diode (LED) it leads a path for the development of the next generation data communication named as Visible Light Communication (VLC). VLC replaces Radio Frequency communication by giving higher and better bandwidth and a very high data rate. In the present day life we use a lot of LED based lights for illumination. Methods/Analysis: The LEDs are also used alternatively for Communication. This has many advantages like high duration, safety, high efficiency and Flickering rate. Findings: The visible light can be used extensively to transmit the audio signals and this is done by the presence of the normal White LEDs. Applications: Solar panels are used in the receiver section to which an amplifier and speaker are connected to recover the transmitted signal.
LED, Light Communication, Receiver, RF, Solar Panel, Transmitter, VLC.
- IEEE standard for local and metropolitan area networks - Part 15.7: Short-range wireless optical communication using visible light; 2011 Sep. p. 1–309.
- Komine T, Nakagawa M. Integrated system of white LED visible-light communication and power-line communication.IEEE Trans Consum Electron. 2003 Feb; 49:71–9.
- Saadi M, Wattisuttikulkij L, Zhao Y, Sangwongngam P. Visible light communication: Opportunities, challenges and channel models. International Journal of Electronics and Informatics. 2013 Feb; 2:1–11.
- Shahin Uddin M, Sang Cha J, Young Kim J, Min Jang Y.Mitigation technique for receiver performance variation of multi-color channels in visible light communication. Sensors Journal. 2011 Jun; 11:6131–44.
- Kim S, Won JS, Nahm SH. Simultaneous reception of visible light communication and optical energy using a solar cell receiver. ICT Convergence (ICTC); 2013 Oct; p. 896–7.
- Haruyama S. Advances in visible light communication technologies. ECOC Technical Digest; 2012.
- Syuhaimi Ab-Rahman M, Al-Hakim Azizan L,Ramza H, Musa Z. The comparison of experimental and analytical study of the Gaussian intensity distribution for light emitting diodes beam. Journal of Computer Science. 2012; 8:913–9.
- Ali S, Khusro S. Mobile phone sensing: A new application paradigm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(19). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i19/53088
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.