Total views : 85
Synthesis of Adaptive Antenna Array using Exponentially Weighted Recursive Least Square Algorithm
Objective: Beam shaping is a powerful means to increase the capacity of antenna system in wireless communication for better transmission and reception of signal. Methods /Analysis: In this paper, an adaptive array arrangement is developed to improve beam shaping for better synthesis of antenna array system. The adaptive algorithm used here is exponentially weighted Recursive Least Square (RLS) algorithm which measures the correction weights by its own optimization which prevents the large inversion correlation matrix. Here the array of n antenna is connected to the adaptive controller which will take the decision whether the beam should access at a specific time. Novelty/Improvements: The convergence rate of mean square error is better here and the performance of RLS algorithm is better when compared to LMS algorithm. Proper beam formation can occur by using this method.
Adaptive, Array, Beam, RLS, Weight
- Raju GSN. Pearson Education: Antennas and Wave Propagation.2005.
- Constantine A Balanis. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.: Antenna Theory, 2nd ed. 1982.
- Francois J, Essiben D, et. al. Design of non uniform linear antenna arrays using Dolph-Chebyshev and binomial methods. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 2015; 5(8):187-95.
- Godara L. Application of antenna arrays to mobile communications, Part-II: Beamforming and directional of arrival considerations. IEEE Proceedings. 1997; 85(8):1195-245.
- Stutzman WL. Synthesis of shaped-beam radiation patterns using the iterative sampling method. IEEE Trans. Antennas Propgat. 1971 Jan; AP-19:36-41.
- Yasin M, Pervez Akhtar. Performance Analysis of LMS and NLMS Algorithms for a Smart Antenna System. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 4(9):25–32.
- Geethanjali VS, Thushara Mohan and Srinivasa Rao I.Beamforming Networks to Feed Array Antennas. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S2):78–81.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.